HybridZ

BOV question

My Greddy type S has two brass vaccuum fittings coming out of it. The top one goes to the wastegate. What is the other one for? Should it be capped? Does it hook to something? My boost was stalling at 7-10psi for a few seconds before spooling the rest of the way so I removed the mbc and replaced the BOV. It has been raining here for a week so I haven't been able to see if the problem is fixed.

So, my BOV has two vaccuum line fittings. One is near the top and goes to a T which goes to the intake and to the wastegate. The other is angled 45 degrees downward. Should I remove the T and connect the 45 degree angled line from the BOV to the wastegate? Right now it is not connected to anything. Am I understanding correctly?

Maybe to put the question better,

What do I connect the vaccuum fitting which is angled 45 degrees downward out of a Greddy type S BOV to?

OK, use the top connection on the blow off valve to connect to the intake manifold. It's as simple as that.

If you can, isolate the wastegate on its own vacuum line just to smooth things out. Having this stuff all hooked together could be causing your boost dropping problem.

It's best if your line for the wastegate comes from the intercooler piping somewhere, preferably the hot side just outside of the compressor.

Here's a diagram of a properly setup blow off valve:

turboxs_bov_diagram.jpg

And here's an example of an isolated wastegate setup:

wstgate.gif

Notice how its out there all on it's own... nothing to mess with it.

If your turbo doesnt have a fitting, just go from the intercooler pipe.

• 4 weeks later...