HybridZ

Tungsten T3 and MSnSE!!

Nismo280zEd

yeah man, the palm tune program is awesome and i got the edit program to work.. but still confused on how i can actually save the fuel maps to the palm. So that i can edit them while not plugged into the car.

My alternator blew the other night.. so i'm workn' on a replacement... so till then it's jackstand racing again.

-Ed

Well i got the car working again, But it's as ghetto as ever. :-(

Went and bought a brand spankn' new 125amp alt w/ lifetime warranty from O'riely. Was 130 with a 75$ core I believe. I had to actually run a wire from my fuse box to the back of the alternator, this doesn't really make logical sense to me, but that's how 3 nissan wiring diagramns show and it seems to like it. Somehow it uses that to regulate voltage. Either way.. i have 12.5V at idle now on a battery that is only charged to 12 volts after all the drain from the last couple days. The MS seems to be very happy now that it has isolated grounds. Doesn't seems to have as much noise interference.

Still not quite sure how to save fuel maps with the palm.

-Ed

well you can't necessairly "save" fuel maps.. and then load em up whenever..

the PDA "reads" the VE and spark tables from the Megasquirt unit..

the PDA allows you to view and modify the fuel and spark values .. to upload and "save" the fuel maps to the Megasquirt unit.. hit BURN ...

I used to tune tune tune.. and I never "burned" the values into the MS unit.. so I would tune it perfectly.. then turn off the car.. and turn it back on. and the settings were trashed.. and the old settings would load up..

this was because I never "burned" the new values into the MS unit.. just modified them temporarily..

lol i bet that pissed ya off. lol.

Yeah i'm fully functional with the software, but I'd really like to be able to save my maps like I could with the laptop. I might talk with Roger about doing some code with him for it. the tungsten has 50mb on it and a 256mb removable memory stick.

Plus... I can't post maps unless I go take a digital pic, but even that doesn't show the whole fuel map on the palm lol.

-Ed

right.. the entire fuel map will not show up on the screen at once.. but you can scroll down and left and right.. and view the rest of the MAP..

oh well.. awsome you have it running!!

Palm Tune is awsome! I sent Roger a PM requesting a program .. and within a week he made it! i was soo happy!!