HybridZ

LS1 Clutch Switch Circuit Malfunction P0704

Finaly started driving the LS1 Z again. It's been in storage for a while. Had too many other things that had higher priority.

Car has been running great but I'm getting a P0704 code. I never hooked up a switch to the clutch pedal. Did you guys use a switch on the pedal or did you have it programmed out of the ECU? Is the switch only used to prevent starting when the clutch is depressed or does it have some other function? I'm using the stock harness.

Thanks

If your racing they will check to see if it's working. Otherwise deliet it with HP tuners or LSI edit or your tuner. Will not effect performance. I know a good tuner in our area.

JOEY

P.S. Hey Tom nice to see your sig again!! All going well??

If your racing they will check to see if it's working. Otherwise deliet it with HP tuners or LSI edit or your tuner. Will not effect performance. I know a good tuner in our area.

I'll see if I can find the wire (it's getting pretty tight under the dash), and hook up a switch if not I'll get it edited out. Are you using Synergy in Fremont? Do you think it's worth getting a tune on a stock motor?

P.S. Hey Tom nice to see your sig again!! All going well??

Things are going good. Bought a house last year, and I've been pretty busy doing honeydo's. The Z's another story. I've got so many things left to do even though it's a driver. The engine swap was actually the easiest part! I was suprised that after sitting six months the motor started instantly. The Vintage AC is another story though. I lost all my charge. Turns out that when I had the hoses crimped locally, they used the wrong crimp tool :-( Now I have to pull all the hoses and have them remade somewhere else. Getting to the ones under the dash without pulling the dash is going to be a real PITA :-(

I see you have a new project. How's your swap going in the RX7??? I sure wish I would have never sold mine. That was the best car I ever owned. Can't imagine what it'll be like with a stroked LS2 :-)

Humm. Good question on the tuning! I'm sure Rick at Synergy can get something out of the motor. How much? and Bang for the buck? Give Rick a call and ask him. Super great to deal with! 510-796-1282.

The Mazda is coming along. Dropping the motor in this weekend. I will do a post when I get some motor specs from Mike (mas280). The motor was ripping in his FD! He is a "sick man" and went with a larger motor. I bought a very complete long block for a good price! I don't think there is even 1k on the motor. He was very happy with it and kept on telling me "Your Z feels like it has no torque!" I'm starting to think this "sickness" is addictive!!!!

JOEY