ok.. i'm building a 18 mile race car and here is my setup

L28etP90 Head and felpro head gasket

stock 3.54 diff

stock internals and head.

stock turbo

stock 78 wiring and injectors.

10:1 FMU

15 psi of boost.

Butt dyno tuned.( AF ratio ,Fuel pressure and boost gauges)

my best time so far was 8.3 with slicks. 1.8 60ft

i want to make this car as possible with stock internals, my next buy will be alcohol injection,merkur injectors and a bigger turbo.. i don't have the knoledge to install a stand alone system.I'm a college student in a third world country(tijuana Mexico), and i love z cars.. :P

i would like to know what differential ratio would be the best for 18 mile racing(i'll weld it), my budget is really low but i can buy l28 engines for less than 100$ us dollars :D.. help me choose the best setup to hit 7's .. :D

Guest 280ZForce

the gears are pretty long on the stock diffy...do a 4.11 swap and you'll shave some good time off there for sure. might bring you in the high 7s or pretty close w/ that I'm assuming. you will be much faster off the line.

but try the diffy swap before anything else and see your improvement based off that alone 1st.

what injectors you recommend with my current setup?

If you are going with a larger turbo and alcohol, I'm sure you plan to run higher boost. Yes you'll need more fuel. I just don't see how you are going to control fuel and timing under boost with an n/a ecu. The direction you want to take really needs programable.

For a pure drag car, I would go automatic, 3.90 or 4.11 gears, slicks with a welded up diff.

Get rid of the efi and build a draw through system with a holley 750 with vacuum secondarys (3310). There is a small mod you need to make to the carb so it opens on boost.

Install a N42 head to get the compression up to 8.3:1 and run 110 octane racing fuel.

Install a t3/t04e and run 20 psi of boost.

Install a brake line lock.

Strip out any thing in the car that doesn't make it go faster.

Go for a high 6's in the 1/8 at 110mph with a 1.5 second 60 footer.

A friend of mine ran a system just like this on his old VW bug with a dual port 1600cc engine and ran 11.9's in the 1/4 mile. A z should do low 11's.

Differential is defenitly gonna be my next mod, then alcohol injection and a bigger turbo(already have merkur injectors, just need to be installed)...

i'll try to butt tune and run it in the 1/8 if the engine blows i'll buy megasquirt and pay someone to install it..