HybridZ

spoiler holes..

Guest soysaucial

Guest soysaucial

so my car came with an ugly wing and i took it off.. theres some holes on the latch and some on the rear panel. is it good just to bondo it in or what is the best solution to get rid of them?

:roll: You can go two ways with it. You, can first weld the holes closed and then put fiberglass jell over them. Then finish with putting body filler (bondo) and then paint it. Or you can cover the holes with fiberglass mat and rosin first. Then place fiberglass jell over that. Then finish with body filler and then paint it. You just have to be sure that the hole is water tight or it will rust from the inside out on you. Between the fiberglass jell and body filler you need to sand the area down. Sand it down, starting with 40 to 80 grit paper and finishing with 180 grit. Then, put primer paint that is sandable on it and then wet sand it with 400 grit (do not take the primer down to bare metal, leave some of the primer on it). After that you can paint it.

Good Luck, Rich.:wink:

I vote for the welding. Obviously you'll have to be really careful not to heat the metal up too much. You don't want anything warping.

I use this really great filler called All Metal. Don't know why you would put fiberglass filler down on a metal surface? Just for the structure of it?

Guest soysaucial

what if i just weld small pieces of metal from the inside and fill the hole with putty? the holes are tiny, smaller than a pea.

You can solder the holes up with body solder. Take a drill bit and counter sink the area around the hole then add small piece of sheet metal an back up the area. You can get some body solder and solder up the holes with a propane torche.

Do not use Bondo it will crack. If you have to use the body filler method buy some flexable filler from an auto paint store. You still need to counter sink the area around the holes. I would add some small flat head screws to attach the backing metal, and grind them smooth.