HybridZ

wrong doors?

Guest soysaucial

Guest soysaucial

i have a 70 240z. the drivers door is perfectly aligned and closes pretty good but the passengers door, theres a big gap where it closes and it seems like water can easily get in. a lot of air moves in on the highway due to the gap. also the door doesnt really closes all the way. is this a door from possibly a 280 or 260 that doesnt fit right? or how is it fixable?

Guest soysaucial

god damnit. another bad z. yea, i ran a magnet through that area, and part of the rear fender didnt stick. but its weird because the area near the door sticks and seems like no work was done to it. weird. any ways of fixin that gap?

You can adjust the door striker plate to move the back of the door up/down & in/out , to close the gap you'll need to remove the front fender and adjust the door hinges, then youll have to realign you fender too , then maybe the hood, sounds like someone had the door off, probably to make repairs, check under the car in the back and front to see if there is any colision damage.

Guest soysaucial

nope.. doesnt look like any damage. everything is fine but that an area on the rear fender.. about 8inch wide by 4 inch magnet doesnt stick.. right above the wheels. its weird because that area next to the door jams is fine.. doesnt seems like its worked on or bondoed, but about 8-10 inches to the left of it is where the bondoing is.

Guest soysaucial

i checked and the hood it a little off.. a little higher up then the other side. not that noticeable tho but just a little. if i realign the fender and the hood, dont i have to do it for the other side of the car too?

Guest soysaucial

man.. i wonder how much trouble bodyshops go through? lol.. i'll spend some time on it this weekend. what tools do i need?

You can adjust the doors from inside the cabin without removal of the fender. I would start there. It is very easy to do with two people, much more difficult for one. If you have two people, make sure the guy who isn't ratcheting is acctually lifting the door while you are tightening, that way when it naturally sags back to the position you wanted, it closes perfectly. Hope that helped, I am probably misunderstanding what area of your car has a gap though.