HybridZ

RB tuning Guides

Guest Munna

Guest Munna

This website is designed to help people new to the Nissan Skyline but it’s certainly is not limited to that hopefully everyone can learn from the site. I have completed specifications and engine tuning guides for the most popular turbo models with other models coming soon.

A technical resource section has been completed which contains, a conversion tool, turbo upgrade specs, AFM specs, and cam specs. I hope to have detailed information about HICAS, ATTESSA and other skyline systems shortly.

I have also added around 40 imbedded videos of the best skyline clips I could find, wallpapers have been included along with the history of modifications to my own car. These sections will be expanded upon and new sections will be added in the coming weeks.

I am updating the website weekly so feel free to bookmark the page and or join the newsletter for all the latest updates. If you have any ideas or notice mistakes (other than spelling and grammar) please fell free to pm me.

Hope you find it useful

Cheers

GTR stage 1 tuning guide is now up

cheers

just want to mention that in your guide, you had addressed ECU remappings with the limitation of about 20 awkw.

this is infact, untrue, as i believe the stock fuel maps for an RB26 ecu are 16x16 fuel maps, which allow for plenty of tunability.

such examples of the level of tunability with the program called ROMeditor and a stock ECU can be seen on the Mine's skyline, which beat out the Amuse Supra on the BMI Inline 6 challenge.

also, note that some of the IC's on the board, mainly the CPU in which the fuel map binaries are stored are easily burnable with the proper equipment, such as an old Pentium MMX computer with the proper AmiBIOS chipset on the motherboard. These, coincidentally, have the same size socket and same type of flashrom onboard, and have a feature called "bios cacheing" which allows you to turn the board on, and boot into DOS, then you can pull the bios chip out of the socket, insert a blank one, or a RB26 one, and trick the computer into flashing a fuel map onto the new chip using the motherboard manufacturers firmware update.

the sockets on these boards have the same pins, same eeprom, and same size.

more details on this can be found on the web in various places. mostly japanese. you can also look into hacking xbox with a "homebrew eeprom" chip, which gives you a more detailed explination of the above.

after reading my post though, i hope you guys understand that it's not as easy as it seems. sometimes you have to go through leaps and bounds to get the proper setup. but as i've stated, the tunability has far greater potential than just 20kw.

Guest Munna

What I mean is at that stage 20 awkw it acheivable on top of the mods already done above the ecu section. For every major mod completed a new retune is needed and its easier to use a power FC or similar for tuning. Perhaps I should clarify that on the website.

Thanks for your informative reply information feedback like yours will help improve the site.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Munna

I have just completed the stage 2 engine tuning guide for the GTR.

I hope to have more detailed information like cam specs etc. shortly.

If you would like to be informed about new updates etc. you can subsribe to my free newsletter.

cheers

might wanna change some info on the R34 Z-Tune

it has a 500 hp output with a 389ftlbs torque rating.

it also covers a 10.1 in the quarter mile, not a 13.1 like the standard R34.

this is due, in part, to the firewalls in the car being replaced with dry CF parts, and various parts being borrowed from the JGTC 500 class cars, like the

front fenders.

example. the rear trunk wall weighs 14.2 kilos on the original R34.

it has been knocked down to 2.2 kg with carbon fibre replacement.

also, the z-tune uses a special Phase Z2 rb26 engine that has all parts from the nismo catalogue, and a superior lightweight rotating assembly that is handbuilt/installed by their top mechanics. it is also only available in the 20 some odd z-tunes that were made.

they were customer cars that nissan had been keeping an eye on with service history records at select dealerships. they offered up cash to buy back the cars from the owners, right after the period in which the engine was well seasoned.

all the Z2 phase engines they stripped from the cars they recovered were rebuilt and put back to factory spec before being beefed up.

truly awesome car

i think it's also the only GTR you can buy in the US, being 175 thousand US dollars. not quite sure though, as there would have been no crash tests done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Munna

I have just expanded and tidied up the turbo section and added a conversion page. This page allows your convert kw to hp and a rule of thumb for rear wheel power to flywheel power and vice versa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...