HybridZ

So I go in for dyno-tuning on May 30th, 2006...any advice?

Guest 280ZForce

Guest 280ZForce

Just as the title says...I'm going in on the afternoon of May 30th, 2006 w/ Hugh (here on the boards), he is going to be my tuner.

Just wondering if there is anything I should know or do before/during/after the process.

It's my first time ever going to take my car of any sort for this type of thing.

My car and specs and all are listed below and you can see them in the link in my sig for my cardomain.

I don't know how much psi I can squeeze outta my 440cc injectors on the stroker motor, but I'm hoping I can tune for somewhere around 20-25 psi.

I know in the future I'll need a better clutch, bigger injectors and what not to hold the power. But I'll touch bases on those later this year when I get the z32 tranny installed and 720+cc injectors.

Just trying to squeeze out all the power I can for now, so I can drive the car around safely on boost as it's my daily driver/fun car.

Just make sure the basics are right, the engine is running well, no leaks, plenty of fuel, etc. Sounds elementary but dyno tuners always have stories of the many cars that arrive for tuning in a unfinished or poor condition.

Guest 280ZForce
Just make sure the basics are right, the engine is running well, no leaks, plenty of fuel, etc. Sounds elementary but dyno tuners always have stories of the many cars that arrive for tuning in a unfinished or poor condition.

check on running well, check on no leaks, fuel will be sufficient on that day (debating on getting some race gas that day only)...everything that is pretty standard i'm all go with.

it's just dialing in on the tuning aspect of it really i think.

this is a good read from another forum i visit sometimes:

http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269475

here's the meat of the post:

1. DO ALL NECESSARY MAINTENANCE (Cap' date=' rotor, wires, oil,etc)

2. stay away from gimmick wires (25mm super conductor grounded capacitated junk) stock rocks!

3. Know your boost controller, If you have to have some top secret war codes to work your boost controller, please know them. I usually keep a manual boost controller on me to take care of this but its much easier if you buy a boost controller you know how to use.

4. If you have mods sitting in your closet, put them on before you bring it in to tune. If you do it afterwards it can drastically change what your car needs in tuning and you will possibly hurt the engine. If you have a Walbro pump in your closet, install it before trying to make power. I cant add fuel if there is no supply.

5. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fill up with good gasoline. Dont be a cheap-*** and save $.65 filling up at wal-mart.

6. Make sure everything is working properly. I had a customer that swap from LSVTEC back to straight GSR and forgot to take the plug out of the head, so we spent 2 hours trying to diagnose why his VTEC didnt turn on.

7. check your IC piping, make sure the clamps are tight and are not going to blow off every boosted pass.

[/quote']

edit: reading it again, alot of it is comon sense, but some people out there...