HybridZ

Nitrous on L28

Gavin

Gavin - There is some good information in this thread, I don't think that you were the nOOb being referred to.

For your one-time type install, a direct-port is overkill. If I were you, I would try the MS dry-shot route. A selection of N20 jets would be a good idea, starting with a 25 shot. Just to make sure that the MS is working correctly.

Drzed - Yes, that was the car, good to see you're doing OK running down the strip, time-wise. I saw your car in N Van at a Nissan meet last fall, but you didn't stay very long, I was talking to Ross from MM.

Cheers

Doug

Doug

Ah Doug then you saw the new "stealth" paint job. I had just finished it before the show last year. I like the look of the flat black but I will never paint another car flat again - what a PITA!

As for the time down the strip I'm OK but looking for some improvement very soon. New engine is almost done and should be in by mid summer - do I smell 10's?

Doug if your coming out again this year let me know and will get together.

Mike

Gavin - There is some good information in this thread, I don't think that you were the nOOb being referred to.

Oh IC sorry, hard to interpret tone in text, ya know what im saying.

So what is this purge device all about and should I get it? What about a nitrous filter?

Guest ZFury

Yeah, I think that guy was trying to refer to me as a n00b. Just another one of these Joes thinkin' they are some car god and is mad cause they spent a few thousand on their nitrous kit. While the junkyard car down the block spent a few hundred and is getting the same power from theirs. I know what I am talking about. And the title of n00b really isnt fitting in my case eather.

I didn`t mean to offend anyone, personally I have run well over 400 hard drag runs on nitrous and managed not to destroy a all JY parts L28/3 liter stroker with a direct port setup with a 120hp shot to the wheels and tuned with a regular O2 sensor and an EGT gauge.The second N20 turbo setup was a built 3 liter stroker with a Japanese Engine exchange $90 ct26 turbo with a 200rwh shot of N20 tuned with a friends high dollar Horiba wb02.I ran over 200 runs on this setup before a broken wire to the dedicated nitrous fuel pump and a bad low fuel pressure switch ruined my day.I can`t say enough about seting up a nitrous sytem usings proper safegaurd I have no doubt that they saved my motor numerous times.Even if a wet "kit" were used the cool thing about the MS is that the safety systems are already in the software...full throttle switch, rpm window switch,a coolant temp switch and being able to retard your timing are all built in the only thing I would add is a clutch switch to disable the N20 when the clutch is engaged.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sss510six/album?.dir=15c7&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sss510six/album?.dir=63ef&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sss510six/my_photos

If your near California and want to line up at the track I`d look forward to it.BTW I drove my car to the track on that day.

What I learned running large shots of nitrous is that with the bottle pressure typically being 900-1100 psi and the fuel pressure on a wet system being between 6-60psi depending on the fuel pump.What do you think is going to hit the cylinder first?(Dyno dataloggs with the dyno`s WBO2 and my own Tech Edge WB02 confirm this ) N20 will always reach a cylinder first and the pressure from the time the N20 solenoid opens and closes can vary as much as 100psi(also dattaloged at the solenoid) which means that with a wet systems jetting a rich condition to compensate for the initial opening of the solenoid so it`s rich after the pressure drops.With the fuel being added at the fuel injector the whole fuel map can be the desired air/fuel ratio and the fuel reaches the cylinder before the N20.The racers that I have talked to who run really large shots of N20 with carbs run an accelerator pump large enough to compensate for the initial pressure spike at the N20 solenoid.That`s why I went with an EFI system that one could run the fuel for the N20 via the fuel injectors and two was flexible enough to follow the desired air/fuel curve and give controll over retarding the timing that`s flexible as well.

http://www.aempower.com/product_ems.asp