HybridZ

Irwindale Dragstrip 1/8 mile runs

Guest 421 Z

Guest 421 Z

I was invited to race with my neighbors today at Irwindale who had the track rented out for the afternoon, there were over 20 VERY fast musclecars as well as pro class present! I had the only import there and one of the few street legal cars as well. It was my first ever 1/8 mile run and the first run with the new setup on the Z aside from the 1/4 dyno pulls at MSA. I opened up with a sad 8.30 spinning the tires all thru 3rd, next run 8.11 still not good. We removed the breather off the carb and lowered the tire pressure to 10lbs and ran the fastest time of 7.84 @ 94 mph still with the car not hooking up at all...sadly on my 4th run I broke the clutch halfway down the track and limped in with a 9.0. I was using BF Goodrich drag radials having heard good things about them but after watching all the guys going real fast were running MT slicks. Anyway just wanted to share my experience from today and even though I got my butt kicked by my buddys Chevelle running 6.60's I did win the 3rd race against a bitchen 74 Vega with a 383 6-71 blower topped off w/ double holly's (hehe)

All the best,

421 Z

Guest 421 Z
I think I speak for everyone....we want pics of your z!

I can't seem to log back in to my photobucket pics, I did post some pics on a few of my past threads, is it possible to repost the pics from there?

thx

421 Z, I like the car! Did you get any videos of the action? Post it if you did!!

Jim, I like the Morris Minor dragger. It makes me think of Anglias and Altereds from back in the day.

Davy

Guest 421 Z
421 Z' date=' I like the car! Did you get any videos of the action? Post it if you did!!

Jim, I like the Morris Minor dragger. It makes me think of Anglias and Altereds from back in the day.

Davy[/quote']

Yes I have video but how do I chop it down to post here?

thx

I know you can get there from the black screen at the beginning when you log on--click on the photo album button....but I'm not sure what to do from there since I have not uploaded any from my computer (I have no video camera). I imagine it is similar to uploading a jpg from your computer though...

Anyone else want to chime in?

Davy

Yes I have video but how do I chop it down to post here?

thx

Brad,

If you have Windows Movie Maker you can edit your tape and output it in a variety of smaller sizes.

If it is 20 megs or less you can e-mail it to me and I'll resize and post it here.

Sorry I couldn't join you at Irwindale but I'm still waiting to have NHRA send me my license. However, it sounds like you have some real potential in your Z. Let me know next time you go.

Hanns

Guest 421 Z
How much was that break kit?

Actually it is not a kit, Willwood sponsored this as a one off set as it was the first 5 lug conversion for a 240 put together 2 years ago. as you can see we still had to fab our own brackets to make them work..luckily there was just enough clearance on the rear rims to fit the 12" calipers. Willwood also replaced the stock brake and clutch reservoir for us with the intent to debut at the MSA show in Orange 2004, we were hoping it would get enough attention to start a kit but as it turns out most prefer to stick with the 4 lug...so it died. As far as price goes I would have to guess around 3K for parts and labor back then if you were to buy and fab up the brackets, of course you would also need to replace all of the brake lines and update the fittings add another $500?

hope this helps