HybridZ

Dead gauge.

I have been having problems starting my car and I noticed today where I started my car and after finally getting it to idle, I looked at my temp gauge and it was non functional. I checked both the CTS and the CHTS and they are both plugged in, so I guess I need to replace a sensor?

check fuses first. Then move on to wiring, look for loose connections in the wires from the sensors. Look for something rubbing against a wire, andalso somehow make sure the gauge is still functional.

good luck!

Well I think I figured out some of my problems. My car was having a hard time idling ever since I took the air intake elbow off for painting, i broke a rubber hose that goes to the cold air idle thingamajigger. When I held my finger tight on that, it idled smoother after a few seconds and held there, but it was still high idle, at 1000 rpms. I took a look at the throttle cable and I found where I could apply some pressure and push the bracket assembly down some more and it would lower the idle to about 700rpms. It almost feels like its sticking as when I apply throttle, it doesnt go all the way back down again and goes to 1000 rpms. Any ideas on this?

Then after seeing I had my power back, I temporary used some electrical tape to seal off the crack in the hose and I went and power braked my car. This was a nice feeling again, and I saw my temp gauge work all of the sudden, do you think my thermostat is sticking?