HybridZ

First time restoration

This is my first time tackleing a restoration project. I have a 78 280z and i am looking for any kind of info on how to start the full custom restoration. I don't know if it is easier to start with one thing or the other and then the following steps. Like when to do the engine or paint and interior. I am located in Northern Los Angeles and if anyone knows of any good shops i could take it to, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

Hey Brian, There is a book, written by Wick Humble (RESTORING YOU DATSUN Z) that covers all that you are interested in. I may not have the title worded correctly but, its very similar. I purchased mine from Motorsports Auto. You might give it a go!

Tom

Thanks for the clarification! I came pretty close though, considering I have CRS (Can't remember sh_ _). Just one of those old guy things....hell, I feel good that I came that close, and I have the book.....just haven't looked at it in over four years!

Tom

Thanks for the clarification!

No Problem.

I'm realizing more and more that CRS increases with age. I never could really remember names, but was always good with numbers. I still remember the phone number of the first house I lived in once I moved to Texas, back in 1984. Now it's getting to the point of remembering most numbers and a name every once in awhile. Weird how that works out.