HybridZ

batch firing VS sequential injection

TheNeedForZ

Sequential gives you a soother idle and slightly better low rpm response. This helps somewhat with bigger cams and can also give you slightly better fuel economy at low rpms. Once the revs build the injectors are firing so frequently that the engine can't tell the difference between batch fire and sequential anyway.

That pretty much summed it up. This brought back memories of the 300z's recall to change from sequential to batch. Had some wiring/fire issues. Just proved to me that sequential was preferred but batch worked just as well. Oh, incase some of you don't know about the recall. It was the early 300's ( Unsure of the exact years it's been afew years since I was Parts manager) that had the recall and it's still valid. I was amazed to see recently used 300's that came in for a check up and the recall hadn't been done. You can just call up your local dealership with your VIN and they can check it out for you.

Batch fire is simple and straight forward. The primary reason for sequential is to reduce emissions. It is more complex but allowed the manufacturers to meet the increasing EPA requirements. The side benefits are as noted by Dan.