HybridZ

ignition coil swapability

premo-s12

thx again for the help jason. fyi, ive decided to go w/an eaton M90 SC as i found one at the local wrecker (complete unit, pullies and tensioner, EVERYTHING) from a supercoupe for $65. i think this will be a much simpler then stuffing a vg30et into that thing due to lack of space. its gonna be a monster. here's a link on the s12 forum w/pics of the blower on top of the plenum. im gonna mock up an adapter plate and a bracker for the tension this weekend. not to sure what to do about the hood LOL

Guest Jason84NA-T
lol' date=' a good reason why NOT to post at 6am :rolleyesg

clicky clicky

oh yea, the coil's are not swapable. ill post some pics of the differences tomorrow.

im trying to toss on a coil from my 85 z31 to my 87 s12

That could be because they changed the connector like they did for the 87-89 model Z31? I put an 84 coil on my 87.

Guest ZFury

That guy has a difficult engine bay to stuff it in. But if he cuts the hood up he could put it on top like that. Here is my input on how to do it that away.

124x8va.jpg

I would suggest mounting it on the side of the motor if possible though. But I dont think this guy has that option. Rigging up some type of tensioner is needed too & a BOV.

you cant just x off that pipe comming of the back-right side of the supercharger. If i'm not mistaken, that is the pipe that the intercooler would feed into, and it is quite crucial.

You would also need a throttle body somewhere, as the current throttle body seems to be crossed off as well.

Guest ZFury

Use the TB already on the car. The IC can be put anywhere imbetween the pipe on the right and the original TB. Just will take some fancy tube weaving, which would be necessary already.

thx for the input guys. yea, its a REALLY tight engine bay. s12's are **** for that. side mounting it is definetly NOT an option due to how large that blower is. the AC pump has already been removed. i have a couple spare hoods i can cut up so top mounting is alright. as far as the TB goes, im gonna use the one thats on there already adn re-wire the TPS and just weld up an adapter plate where my KA24 TB is presently. as far as a BOV goes, that particular blower (eaton m90...comes stock on the t-bird supercoupes) comes stock w/a bypass valve :) its on back of the blower

you cant just x off that pipe comming of the back-right side of the supercharger. If i'm not mistaken' date=' that is the pipe that the intercooler would feed into, and it is quite crucial.

[/quote']

thats correct, that pipe rolls into the intercooler and comes back to approx where my throttle body is not sitting below the blower....so what ill probably do is hack up that pipe and so some 'custom' (see: redneck mechanics, radiator hose) piping. im not going for glamorous here, im shooting for functionality on a budget. sadly, this will take away the 'sleeper' novelty of the car :(

That could be because they changed the connector like they did for the 87-89 model Z31? I put an 84 coil on my 87.

the transistor if different between the two. ill post pics later. oh yea, its goin onto my VG s12.. but i cant see them changing the coil setup between the VG s12 and the Z-31 na