HybridZ

LS1 Z32 swap near completion......

Well, it's been a while since I have been on here asking questions about this specific swap, but I am finally (after 8 months) getting close to being finished. the motor is in the car mounted and the wiring isnt far from being complete. I'm not sure how many more have been recorded for completion but last time I was on here there were only 2 I can remember: Vann and Adlashwa. Anyone else since then?????

Jim Cola. S.C.

what headers are u using??? here's mine...got flamed by a couple jackasses here in the past and thread got deleted...if u want to discuss/talk in private instead feel free to pm me...

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66943

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66944

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66945

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66946

me too, my crossmember is finished and the motor has been mounted like 3 times now so it fits great. Now we are fabbing up the firewall. My car was originally a non-turbo automatic Zcar so I had to put in the clutch pedal assembly and I was planning on using the LS1 clutch cylinder but It wont fit properly so I am currently working on getting the Z32 cylinder.

What did you decide to do about your gauges? Are you going to try and run A.C.? What radiator are you going with?- I still hav'nt measured yet for mine.

me too' date=' my crossmember is finished and the motor has been mounted like 3 times now so it fits great. Now we are fabbing up the firewall. My car was originally a non-turbo automatic Zcar so I had to put in the clutch pedal assembly and I was planning on using the LS1 clutch cylinder but It wont fit properly so I am currently working on getting the Z32 cylinder.

What did you decide to do about your gauges? Are you going to try and run A.C.? What radiator are you going with?- I still hav'nt measured yet for mine.[/quote']

mine was already a 5spd...but i dunnoe if the master cylinder will work...but i'll cross that bridge when i get there...i bought an adapter for the slave to run the hydraulic line but i can't seem to find that adapter now...i'm prob gonna hunt down a used tt radiator...i bought a taurus fan but no room for it as a puller...so i mite flip it to use as a pusher...as for ac...i gotta wait until i fully fabbed the firewall to determine whether to go aftermarket like vintage air or wateva or be able to modify my existing units to work...but yes i do plan on having ac....

no crossmember modification...i'm using the stock mount location...using the camaro rubber mount...and built a mounting bracket for the two...i'll try to take pix...

did joo drop ur motor that low??? ur cut of the firewall is very clean lower then mine...i cut into the windshield wiper motor location...i just rounded my shiet with a sawzall...talk about unclean cut...kaka...but imma clean up the cut with a plasma cutter when i bring it to a manager at work that has one...

yeah the reason my firewall cut is so low is for hood clearence so and mine only clears by about a 1/4 inch so good luck with yours! that is interesting about the way you are doing your mounts, I am curious to see how they turn out. Send me some pics ASAP.

BTW- where are you from?

yeah the reason my firewall cut is so low is for hood clearence so and mine only clears by about a 1/4 inch so good luck with yours! that is interesting about the way you are doing your mounts' date=' I am curious to see how they turn out. Send me some pics ASAP.

BTW- where are you from?[/quote']

i'm in houston...i'll take pix and pm it to ya...u got aim???

Oh...if you are in houston' date=' then you prolly know Vann(white LS1 swapped Z) or maybe have even seen his car b4.

No, I dont have AIM but you can just email me LOWDEDZ@gmail.com

i dunnoe him...but i've e-mailed him...i think he lives in austin or works there...but he said his car is in houston cuz it's not 100% working or something...my last email to him he hasn't replied yet...and it's been over 1 month...

Yeah same way with me, Vann and I were communicating by email for like 2 months and he was helping me alot with the swap, but then all of a sudden I didnt get a reply from him and it has benn about 3 months now. But I thin he stays pretty busy between work and school......

What did you do about gauges and what kind od radiator are you planning on running?

Yeah same way with me' date=' Vann and I were communicating by email for like 2 months and he was helping me alot with the swap, but then all of a sudden I didnt get a reply from him and it has benn about 3 months now. But I thin he stays pretty busy between work and school......

What did you do about gauges and what kind od radiator are you planning on running?[/quote']

radiator i'm gonna try z32 tt radiator first...since i can prob grab one from junkyard for cheap...then go from there...as far as gauges...i think imma run the autometer c2's...

man....only problem i see with ur setup is ground clearance...seem like u've drop ur motor/crossmember an extra 3 inch atleast...thas 3 inches u can't drop u car and u will need to drop ur car...cuz car sit high as heo on stock suspension...my main concern overall was ground clearance...so the bottom of my oil pan sits pretty flush with the crossmember...just rought eyeballing...it'll be close call around the throttle body area...but shiet...i'd much rather cut my hood and drop my car w/o too much fear of loss to too much ground clearance...

I'm curious as to why you dropped the crossmember, myself. All Vann did was cut the firewall back and use the shifter opening as a referrence and had a beefy set mounts fabricated out of 1.25" square stock. He has plenty of clearance on the hood and didn't interfere with the front suspension.

I'm curious as to why you dropped the crossmember, myself. All Vann did was cut the firewall back and use the shifter opening as a referrence and had a beefy set mounts fabricated out of 1.25" square stock. He has plenty of clearance on the hood and didn't interfere with the front suspension.

vann admitted he did have to cut a lil bit to clear the throttle body or air filter or something mentioned on his website...but i think it was just the skeleton of the hood not the shell...