HybridZ

Woo Hoo!!!!! I just won!

Bryan,

We've had some long discussions and more then a few threads about "which swap kit is the best." I think hands down the JTR kit is favored on this site above Johns kit (was similar to Scarab?), the 'Scarab' kit offered by Hooker headers and I think Transdapt(?) or MSA. The JTR kit was the best in terms of getting the Chevy engine back as far as possible and I think was by far the cheapest overall (if memory serves me). That is for the LT1 and earlier engines. If you are talking about LSx series, then that's a different ballgame.

Nearly 100% of the original members of the site use JTR for one reason or another. If you decide to go the John's Car's route, post some pics of your swap. There just aren't too many guys who have posted pics...

Davy

Will do. I'm going to try to document as much of the process as I can for a website that I'm building. You're right - almost everyone that I've been able to find reference to has used the JTR kit.

I guess that one of the things that is swaying me to Johns is the fact that it (can) come ready to go with the T56 (tranny mount, hardware to adapt the speedo, etc). I didn't notice the same from the JTR site. Honestly, I could have missed it, but I just didn't see it.

One way or another, this ought to be an interesting ride, as I have to have the swap completed and all of the bugs ironed out by the start of August!

I think that it's safe to say that I have my work cut out.

Bryan

One of the owners of JTR posts here sometimes and you'll find his recommendations for installing a T56 in this thread.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=94584

I think he sells modified tailhousings as well if you really want to stick with the stock speedo.

You could always give them a call if you're really interested...they're very helpful.