HybridZ

In case you didn't know, the future is now..be afraid..

veritech-z

Guest iskone

Are these guys serious? I think it'd be awesome but I don't htink it'll work. Even with that said, That things is awesome!!!! That has gotta take alot of skill and planing to be gone right.

Isk

Guest iskone

Wow it actaully moves. They really should've shot that video farther way so you can actually see it's feet.

I'm gonna keep mt eye on this for sure.

Isk

Don't be fooled, the videos never show it doing anything without that rig around it. Also the powerplant is a Briggs and Stratton 2-stroke to run the hydraulic system. I personally feel it needs like a nice 1.0L Geo Metro engine, and a big flywheel/gyroscope, then maybe it could do stuff besides stand there and suck...although the flamethrower was a nice touch, good for lighting firecrackers from a distance, or trying to blow up a grill full of gasoline like in Joe Dirt...

Hopefully when the Alien queen comes to start her hive, it will be in Alaska, that way this guy will be there to deal with the problem for the rest of us.

Guest iskone

It was on Ebay? Where did you find out the enigne info? I poked around and couldn't find anything.

Rig? Are you talking about those things on it's feet? Maybe it goes up further then it's feet but I can't tell from the video.

Isk

It said the engine info in the original Ebay add. He claims that all it needed to run the hydraulics was like a 5 horse briggs and strat, and he was selling it for like $100,000 in order to fund a more streamlined model. The rig I was talking about is the scaffolding that goes around the whole chassis of the power-suit. It can be seen more clearly in some of the other videos. Go to the Lynx link, and look at the other vids. I'm pretty sure they never show it do anything freestanding, that's the trick behind editing video. Like that infamous dancing christmas light video that was so popular this past holiday. That video looked to me like a stop motion film, and if you look close, you can see people coming and going at the door of the house that are there in one frame, and not the next. The people claim that is an artifact of the quality reduction they had to do to post the video. However in some of the other light videos, the camera angle changes but the song doesn't skip a beat, which means the footage has been edited. People are so used to seeing edited film, they really don't think anything of it when the view switches from like a distance to close up and so forth.

Here are some highlights from fantasyland:

Initially our mechs will be used for entertainment purposes and will eventually be fitted to fight in a large arena designed to accommodate these great machines. This is of course after prototype testing has proven that such a thing is feasible which we believe it will.

Check out the part where he says:"after prototype testing has proven that such a thing is feasible." Sounds like somebody needs to go buy himself an ASIMO from honda, and see how they did it...

The weight shifting presents a minor obstacle as the design, and interface alleviate the majority of this as being an issue. For its size the NMX04-1A will be very well balanced and able to shift its weight almost automatically due to the weight shifting system and balancing which has carefully been integrated into the system.The specifics of which cannot be released as of yet until certain design matters have been resolved.

Notice the phrase: "until certain design matters have been resolved." I read that as: "until we can get it to stop falling over."

those videos are soo dumb! that thing just stands there with the flame throwers firing. Any idiot can mount a flame thower to the arm of a useless robot.

in other matters, brandonz i believe you have a 1972 570z not a 350z.

I don't see any flamethrowers on those....they could at LEAST have mounted a cigarrette lighter to it or something...some engineers are just so lazy, with their formal educations and their pocket protectors...

Pocket protectors just don't work suffieciently.

BrandonsZ, that sounds like the bitter voice of experience...got a juicy catastrophic pocket protector failure story for us?

You'd think in 2006, by this time, anyone would know that pocket protectors are a social faux pas. Yet there are still a few people, who understand the error of their ways and still feel justified to wear a "pocket protector". If you could even find a store to sell you one, wearing one is setting yourself up for social disgrace, mockery and general derision from co-workers, friends, and family. To that end, even if the pocket protector is scorned in and of itself, the function of a pocket protector should be examined for need in today’s society.

A person I am acquaintanced with, who shall remain nameless, still wears one and swears by them, after examining the said "protector" I noted to him that the corners of the device had holes (worn). Which if the said writing instrument or other ink filled apparatus was to burst, rupture, or spill it's potentially hazardous fluid into this protector it would still find a path to shame and humiliation. To this he responded that he could not find a replacement for several years perhaps even decades, and the one he carries he used in college which was no doubt before I was even born.

Personally I would never wear a writing device. The closest I've come is to put a pen in my wallet, or a pencil in my pocket calendar. It may be necessary to carry a writing device with you, but pocket protectors (especially non-functional ones) should be rejected in all fashion conscious situations.

Now that we have such luxuries as Cell phone/PDAs combos, the need to carry a pen should fade to point of needing to carry a change purse, a slide rule, or a pager.