HybridZ

LD28 Rods

Chewievette

I have looked everywhere I can think of to find a set of LD28 connecting rods. The only place I found that can even get them is the Nissan dealer and they have to order them in from Japan at $140 EACH! I was hoping to find some one who bought the whole motor for the crank but I've had ads on all the Z sites and no replies. If you guys know of any place that might have them, let me know. Thanks.

deisel rods are 140MM center to center length. They weigh about 80 grams more than an L24 rod and they have a massive 25mm full floating pin. they look sturdy as all hell. Im sure they could take a LOT of boost.

For use with normal pistons in a gas motor, I think you would have to bush the wrist pin hole to get it down to a normal size i.e. 21mm or so.

the info on the engine builder utility must be wrong: it said they have a 21mm pin.

I'm thinking of using those rods coupled with a piston with a smaller pin height (ie: rb26 or something similar.) with a standard L28 crank and block. If they are as sturdy as you say, a decent polishing job and shot peening should make them indestructible.

Thanks for the info!