HybridZ

Replacement DB37 cable

2802NR

I f'd up my cable I got from DIY 'cause I think I was bending it too harsh through the fire wall. I straightend out the route but now I have to re-place it and I think $70 is a little steep for a cable so I was looking around and found a parralell female/female cable for $40 at:

https://www.blackbox.com

The entire cable is foil shielded instead of just the O2 wire and I think it is of higher quality than the DIY cable. do you guys think this will work or do you think it will cause problems with the o2 signal?

If its labled as "parralell" doesn't that mean no pins cross over? I thought that was the difference between parralell and series? It was my understanding that series is wired pin1 to pin2, pin2 to pin1 so both ends can send and receive data, where as parralell is wired pin1 to pin1, pin2 to pin2.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still learning all of this.

Not necesarrily, serial cables come in both fashions, cross over or straight through.

Parallel AFAIK just means that there is more than 1 data line in the connector. A serial cable on has one data line and a parallel cable may have 12 or 16 data lines for example.

Simply put, no! You run a lot more curent for driving injectors than a 26 gauge wire can handle. That is why the other cable is so expensive, since it has to be hand made with the larger wire. A computer application wire just wont hack it.

here is the text from the manual:

For the wires from the DB37 connector to the sensors, injectors, etc., use 18 to 20 gauge for all the connections, then bring them to a common 14-12 gauge where appropriate. The only big wires are the ground and the two injector driver pairs, 32-33 and 34-35, all the rest can be 18 gauge all the way out.

I would also worry about crosstalk between injector driver output wires and sensor wires because they are not shielded from each other. Infact, all the wires in the that cabe are shielded together. It could end up being a debug nighmare.

I would either try to fix the one you have, or buy a new premade one.