HybridZ

First Degree Tire Murder

Roebling Road sure is tough on tires... they are repaving it THIS SUMMER... hopefully it will be easier on tires next season....

they have been rotated several times in several directions... though they have never been flipped on the wheels...

as they appear in first photo...

right front | right rear

left front | left rear

DeadKumhos1.jpg

right rear

DeadKumhos2.jpg

right front

DeadKumhos3.jpg

These have made it through est~ 28 x 30 minutes sessions(14 hours) and ~ 2000 miles of street driving in between... all with negative camber... toe out in front... and toe in in the rear... pretty impressive...

They still have tread left but they have been heat cycled to death.... The rear end simply WOULD NOT HOLD traction under anything but maintenance throttle.... I switched mid event to a brand new set of Toyo RA1s and picked up 4 seconds... with better manners.

Best time was 1:30.2 seconds... not bad for a nearly stock driveline 240Z without coilovers, without pivot relocations, and without adjustable control arms... I really do need to shift some weight to the rear and find some way to further reduce curb weight....

I had also heard Roebling Road was to be repaved this summer. Then I heard it had been put off, I think for lack of funds. It's all rumors right now, we'll see.

I raced a motorcycle there in the early 90's and the grip was great but it chewed tires something fierce. I don't know if it's still the same paving. It was the first place I ever took a brand new tire and destroyed it in one race. Turned it purple! ....Coming up that little hill, cresting the top and leaning into that fast right before the front straight, that was fun on a bike!

Not to switch the subject bjhines,but those rims look very similar to 3rd gen Trans Am GTA honeycolm rims I was planning to run on my Z.Mind sharing some info on those?Wheel dimentions?Mounting?By the way,I think BFGoodrich is having a sale on some off road tires.....:mrgreen:

Hyashi Racing reverse mount mesh.... 15x7, +4 offset...

JT1... we missed you at the event... It was the best weather EVER...

I am now officially a THSCC INSTRUCTOR... Vitacco signed me off as an instructor and put me into white group... Even Stacy was floored... considering there are quite a few who have more experience than me that did not make the grade.... I am proud but humbled....

We had a lot of attrition due to engine failures....Kyles 300ZXTT and Bains 300ZXTT both had MAJOR engine meltdowns... both are completely blown... several Turbo Porsches also suffered MAJOR engine failures... A GT3 left oil all over the front of my car.... I think the lesson to be learned here is that TURBO cars basically suck then blow.... with due respect ot Kyle and Bain and Cameron who have all lost their 300ZXTTs to engine failure in the past year on track.... Screw TURBOs... just awful....

nearly everyone with a 350Z had to pull the fuses on traction control and ABS.... brakes overheated and then ABS started dragging people off course....

JT1... we missed you at the event... It was the best weather EVER...

Glad you had a good weekend. Last time I was there it was mid 90's with a 80deg dewpoint, real suffering weather.

I am now officially a THSCC INSTRUCTOR...

Congratulations!!! You're riding with me at the next event.

jt