HybridZ

500 caddy engine motor mount??

rdv88

Size wise' date=' a 472 and 500 are the same, only difference being the stroke and head camber sizes, 76 or 120cc.

Mark[/quote']

Oh, I should have been clearer, I was referring to engine mounting position of the two blocks. But it's not like I know anything about caddies.

Oh, I should have been clearer, I was referring to engine mounting position of the two blocks. But it's not like I know anything about caddies.

The engine blocks are virtually the same, so the engine mounting position or location is the same.

Mark

• 2 months later...

Are you going for it? I'm considering the same swap. My SBC 350 may be toast... don't know yet. If so, the Caddy 500 may be the way I want to go. My SBC currently has the Scarab style mounting kit but I just bought a JTR kit. Any idea how much of this I can use? Am I starting from scratch?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=101463

you should read thru this thread first, and Id sure try to find a donor 1970-73 eldorado or similar car with with a 500 caddy if you can (preferably with rear drive)

btw the 472 and 500 caddys have the same outside dimensions only the stroke, heads, and internals differ

500 caddy

Cadillac V8 472-500 625lb

with aluminum intake your down to about 605lbs

350 chevy

Chevy small block V8 575

(generic for '60s-'70s motors)

Chevy small block V8 535 (1) ('59 Corvette 283 w/alum. intake)

Chevy big block V8 685

Mark IV (all iron) you can drop 80 lbs to about 605 lbs with aluminum heads,intake and water pump

theres not enought differance to worry about at about 30-100 lbs (depends on config) the distributor on the caddys in the front so it can be seated several inches more to the rear in the engine compartment, weight distribution might even be better

101_0132.JPG