HybridZ

5 lug setup

Help me My wife finally found a set o wheels that she would like on my car they are the 17x9 tsw on morgan walkers red car but what to I have to do to get the five lugs I'm looking into ground crontrol for a coil over kit but what about brakes and rotors PLEASE help me get rid of these old school 14" slots

• 3 weeks later...

Damnit, it's not Walker Morgan's car anymore...it's mine....and it's not red, it's orange. smile.gif

JT

BTW, the wheels on this car are 18x8's, not 17x9's.

------------------

1978 280z with 280zx turbo motor. Big turbo, big intercooler, and alotta boost. :) 8.4 @ 90 1/8 mile with a bad bad traction problem.

1994 Mustang Cobra with a few mods.....

http://turbotaylor.homestead.com/files/index.html

Aw dang - those are the wheels I'm going with on MY Orange car - in 17Xwhatever smile.gif

Lol, it does look damned sweet though doesn't it? I'm going to be doing wheel research tonight if time allows and using those pics to mix and match I think. Not sure I'll find a nicer looking wheel though. Let me know if you find a good place to buy TSW wheels too - sounds like we're on the same hunt...

Oh, and yes there's a good 5lug topic in the other thread. If you can upgrade the brakes while you're at it. MikeSCCA's 12inch brake setup must be seen to be believed! We're working on something for the rear now too - hang tight. You wouldn't want ugly drums behind those nice wheels would you? Especially with the extra holes showing smile.gif

I'm sorry Mr. Taylor I did not mean to slight you by misnaming the owner of the car. As for the 18x8's what size rubber are you running? I'm running a warmed over 383 w/a 700r4 and am having some traction probs off the line (i can't launch at more than 2750rpm) and it is killing my runs Thanks for the help this site is helping me more than any of you can imagine Thank you all so much!!!

It's cool, I was just playing. The rear tires are 245-40's and the fronts are 235-40's. I wouldn't recommend this wheel this big though b/c it is very heavy and hard to get traction with. I am selling them to a friend shortly and more than likely getting 17x8 SSR Integrals on the car. Nitto makes a 245-45-17 drag radial now so that's probably all that will go on the back of the Z anymore. Hopefully I won't be spinning half way down the track with those. smile.gif

JT

------------------

1978 280z with 280zx turbo motor. Big turbo, big intercooler, and alotta boost. :) 8.4 @ 90 1/8 mile with a bad bad traction problem.

Yup, it's about time someone offered a 17inch drag radial in something that's not 300+! 245 is just right I think, it's about time. Unfortunatly I've yet to see prices on them - I'm betting they won't be cheap or easy to get for a little while. Sad to see those wheels go though man - they look great! I think the 17's come in at aorund 22lbs apiece don't they? That doesn't seem too bad...

BLKMGK: Tirerack says the 245's are the same price as the 275's @ $145 apiece which is in my budget considering it would cost me about $180 apiece to replace the 18's on it now. They show all locations have them instock so hopefully they won't be hard to get. We'll see.

JT

------------------