HybridZ

Got Plastic! V/R update pics

Zerrari GTO

Mine is a coupe. If you wanna see some pics John W. still has it listed on his web site (Alpha One GTO For Sale), or check out my photo gallery. :) Although it didn't look quite as nice as the pics from John's site. They were about 2 yrs old. Initially thought it would just need a little TLC. But upon closer inspection once I got it home I soon realized that a complete rebuild was the way to go. Now I'll know exactly what I've got into it.

Sounds like you have some great ideas in mind for yours. Will you be putting a soft top on it???

Mine is a coupe. If you wanna see some pics John W. still has it listed on his web site (Alpha One GTO For Sale)' date=' or check out my photo gallery. :) Although it didn't look quite as nice as the pics from John's site. They were about 2 yrs old. Initially thought it would just need a little TLC. But upon closer inspection once I got it home I soon realized that a complete rebuild was the way to go. Now I'll know exactly what I've got into it.

Sounds like you have some great ideas in mind for yours. Will you be putting a soft top on it???[/quote']

It looks like you've done a lot since you bought it (why does John still have it listed?). Your small block looks great!

I'll definately put a soft top on this car; you never know when a good rain could sneek up on you in Atlanta. I'm not sure if I'll use John's or another another source.

Since I know there is no way i'd ever be able to get this, I thought it would be cool to at least share it with you guys. First, do you think this would even fit in a Z? Second, if it did, wouldn't it be perfect for a 250 GTO Z-kit? Ah, it gets me excited thinking about it! If only...the perfect engine :cry: If I had the money to do it I would so do this

Guest ZFury

What I have been wondering is if there was a way to custom fit just the rear peice of the kit on the back of the car without removing the top or the back hatch. That may look neat.

Since I know there is no way i'd ever be able to get this' date=' I thought it would be cool to at least share it with you guys. First, do you think this would even fit in a Z? Second, if it did, wouldn't it be perfect for a 250 GTO Z-kit? Ah, it gets me excited thinking about it! If only...the perfect engine :cry: If I had the money to do it I would so do this

That would make quite a statement and definitely send some beautiful notes out of the exhaust.

What I have been wondering is if there was a way to custom fit just the rear peice of the kit on the back of the car without removing the top or the back hatch. That may look neat.

You can use the rear tub of this kit with modification or better yet any of the other GTO coup kits with no modification on the rear of a z without removing the top or hatch: http://www.reactionresearch.com/gtorr/gallery.htm

Since I know there is no way i'd ever be able to get this' date=' I thought it would be cool to at least share it with you guys. First, do you think this would even fit in a Z? Second, if it did, wouldn't it be perfect for a 250 GTO Z-kit? Ah, it gets me excited thinking about it! If only...the perfect engine :cry: If I had the money to do it I would so do this

well, take some comfort in this, you wouldn't be able to fit that engine in the car anyway without dramatically re-engineering the chassis - longer wheelbase, modified floor, crossmember, firewall, and front strut towers.. the flat 12 is just too wide. I have personally measured one.

Chelle

Thanks, that is comforting. Still, I would have bought it if I could, what a great deal...In fact, no one even met the dude's reserve, so it didn't get sold, meaning if he has any brains, he'll lower the reserve next go around.

• 1 month later...
Mine is a coupe. If you wanna see some pics John W. still has it listed on his web site (Alpha One GTO For Sale)' date=' or check out my photo gallery. :) Although it didn't look quite as nice as the pics from John's site. They were about 2 yrs old. Initially thought it would just need a little TLC. But upon closer inspection once I got it home I soon realized that a complete rebuild was the way to go. Now I'll know exactly what I've got into it.

Sounds like you have some great ideas in mind for yours. Will you be putting a soft top on it???[/quote']

Hey Con Brio. I asked about the Alpha 1 on John's website but it was already sold. Gee... now I know who to be mad at..... just kidding:biggrin:

SIDE NOTE: Do you still have those valve covers for sale?