HybridZ

what front air dam is this?

Guest GLOCK23

Guest GLOCK23

I will be acquiring a 1975 Datsun 280Z soon and I just received some pictures of it. I noticed that this front air dam wasn't stock. Does anyone know which front air dam this is? It reminds me of the Kaminari front air dam they have on MSA

img00934sk.jpg

Guest GLOCK23

yah upon closer inspection, it really is the Kaminari front air dam. I guess since the bumpers being different sizes threw me off.

large5014259ts.jpg

Sorry to offend anyone,as I am a BIG fan of any Z in any condition(just take a look at mine!)I should have stayed with my initial thought of that airdam and front bumper,and said they were just HUGE.....Point taken,better than the stock valence....

Guest l28et
This is no juvenile forum, this is a member's car you are talking about. please be polite and save those tactless comments on something that truely deserves them.

Whatever.

It is ugly. He didn't design it, buy it, or install it. If I think it sucks, I'll say so. Im sure hes not that sensitive, and if he is, oh well. Nothing personal.

Whatever.

It is ugly. He didn't design it' date=' buy it, or install it. If I think it sucks, I'll say so. Im sure hes not that sensitive, and if he is, oh well. Nothing personal.[/quote']

He didn't put your coment in quotes, he was speaking general, which I agree with, but your right... even though I think you Z32 is ugly, its nothing personal....:rolleyesg

Guest GLOCK23

wow i haven't even picked up the car yet and im already getting flamed... well it doesnt bug me if you dont like my car, its my car not yours.

as for the front air dam, its already on the car so im probably going to keep it for awhile since i need to do bodywork first. I noticed that theres quite a bit of rust here and there.

ill make another thread w/ more pics. maybe you guys can give me some ideas and tips on how to deal w/ some of the rust

Whatever.

It is ugly. He didn't design it' date=' buy it, or install it. If I think it sucks, I'll say so. Im sure hes not that sensitive, and if he is, oh well. Nothing personal.[/quote']

I think it is your negative attitude in your posts. You are bringin no relevance to the thread in any shape matter or form. You remember the saying, "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all?" Well, I reread his original post and he didn't ask for your opinion of what you think in how it looks to YOU.

So, when another member calls you on it, they ain't the only ones who read it like that. Please keep that in mind and tread lightly. If you don't like it, don't post.

Davy

Guest l28et

DavyZ -

Had I said it was a gorgeous front valance and it looks awesome I wouldnt be getting complimented on how nice I am being. Saying its ugly isn't a crime, its an opinion, and if we're just here to say how great and nice everything looks - well why even have a forum? But I do apologize for "being negative" - I'll be sure to add "IMHO" or something like that after every post so I don't step on toes.

That said...

GLOCK23 -

Sorry for "flaming" your car. I think its got potential (as most all Zs do), just saying that front end needs some... modification. The airdamn itself looks too bulky and the square intakes just don't look right. Then again, if it is a rare/expensive kit, you might be able to fetch some big bucks. If you like it, alls good and well, more power to ya.

What plans do you have for the car?

eech...I don't see how people can put body kits like that on their car. Its so much more beautiful stock...I've only seen a couple body kits that can get away with being on a Z, and even then, i'd rather leave it stock.

Oh, I just read the above posts, so before anyone gets ticked at me, i'm not trying to be negative, anything can look good, you just have to do it right, that's all. Put a 240 bumper on it, and it'd look a ton better.

Me too.No disrespect.IMO,I'm leaning towards the xenon 240Z front airdam from MSA,or the Type III.Looks good,seems to flow with the lines of the Z quite nicely.Take a look.Anyway,for any of your plans for your Z,use the search,and try the members galleries. HUGE amounts of info.Kinda like that bumper/airdam......J/K!:wink: