HybridZ

Post up pics of your turbo exhaust manifold!

OK I'll play....

1) Stock Manifold with a 46mm HKS welded on....bought from Dave P....this manifold with the WG weighs 24lbs

162569792.jpg

2) SFP (South Florida Performance) manifold I bought 4years ago (!!) and kept in a box with a bunch of friendly spiders watchdogging :)...external WG pipe and flange to be welded in this week and I will be running a 38mm TiAL WG...weight about half of the stock manifold. Yes I will have to send it back to be JetCoated!

158478407.jpg

Yasin

Surprisingly nope....guys making big power usually use the stock cast manifold which apparently is good to 400+. The aftermarket turbo manifolds are few and far between and usually one off custom pieces that require big $$ to fabricate.

There is actually a guy in Australia (he is on this board - forget his name) with a beautiful Medusa looking thing..because you guys have RHD drive allowed an intricate tube set-up and not having to worry with the brake boosterlinesmastersteering linkage cylinder in the way.

Mike on3go also has a sexxy piece that he has, that will have to be modified to fit the LHD Z cars...this is what his manifold looks like (I am sure he does not mind me posting the pics):

70_3.JPG

Yasin

I just had my SFP mainfold modified by Speedshop Thagard. Stainless steel slipjoints were welded in in the three main stress points for expansion/contraction. This should eliminate the warping/cracking problems that were associated with this manifold. Price was reasonable, too...

sfp.jpg

Also, here's how I handled the bracing for the GT42R that is going to be mounted to it:

brace2.jpg

Here is mine. I know it fits a RHD would like to check it against a LHD car. Turbine is a TD07 and wastegate is a Trust model..Pic is too big to attach so here is the link for gallery

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=2978&cat=500&ppuser=9707

I think with the turbine being as low as it is piping should be easier to fit..

I continue to be amazed that folks think they need those incredibly complex and fragile bundle of snakes while "poor Tim" is "making do" with 600hp and that apparently simple manifold :rolleyes:. I have similar sentiments about DPs but I wont go there.

:mrgreen:

I have a very ugly exhaust manifold that I made with nothing other than some weld els and a mig welder. No dyno graphs for horsepaower, but my 131mph trap speeds mean I should be around 600hp at the crank. The long runner exhaust manifolds are cool, but they take up a lot of space, loose a lot of heat, no matter how well they are thermal coated, and can be a "can of worms" so I'm with scottie and Tim on this one. I think I had $150 or so in my manifold, and it shows, but works awesome. If you do some searching, you can find pictures of it. It will soon be replaced by one of much higher quality that I'm building but will still be fairly simple in design. I like to keep the heat in the manifold, rather than transferring it into the engine bay and my intake manifold.

Guest ON3GO
I continue to be amazed that folks think they need those incredibly complex and fragile bundle of snakes while "poor Tim" is "making do" with 600hp and that apparently simple manifold :rolleyes:. I have similar sentiments about DPs but I wont go there.

i would love something like Tim's.. but i never once found one forsale and i just dont have the tools as of yet to make my own.

i bought mine for a amazing deal.. cant beat it.

mike