HybridZ

Fs5w71c transmission problems

turbobluestreak

ok I just completed the sx trans swap but I filled it with moble 1 75 90 and its hard to shift and makes noise. and screams in third gear. So I switched to castrol 80 90 and its a little better but same issues are still there. well I ordered up some MT 90 for it. My question is should the MT 90 fix my problems or is it time to tear that tranny apart and go through it.

The trans is a 92 and has like 100K on it and came from a very very very nice salavge company. I've already had a peak inside with the front extension off and everything looked great.

guys any thoughts?

tbs

My sx tranny whines a little in the higher gears, but I wouldn't call it a scream. I've never really had a problem shifting it either. Maybe for some reason your clutch isn't fully disengaging?

Did you run the trans through all the gears when it was out of the car?

I tore the tranny apart last night and the front extension didn't get just enough taken off of it and when I hit third gear it forced the counter shaft in and the gear was rubbing on the extension housing. so I'm going to remachine the front extension and I think I'll be see. the gears and synchros look fine.

tbs