HybridZ

I got REEEEAALY bored today

redruM_0381

And I thought there was nothing to do in FLORIDA, now I see how you guys get down in Utah! For some reason that makes me think of the DeLorean from Back II the Future. On a semi-related note, when I got rid of my old green z (that survived a head on collision witha horse-the z was parked, the horse hit IT) I gave it to a buddy, and he decided to spend his time doing the gas powered leaf blower supercharger. It seemed a little suspect, but I saw it take a full second off the quarter mile time of that car (went from a 15.6 down to a mid 14 blowing smoke all the way). So if anyone was wondering if that would work, the answer is yes, yes it will.

UPDATE:

Yesterday I taped over all the breather's and vaccum lines @ the manifold to hold in the boost...

Holy crap it worked! I was pushing like 5psi according to my tire gauge. :P

Hit like 4k and it came alive!

So I take it out for a spin, and it was GREAT for 2 quick runs...

3rd try, I could hear it spool, then "Grrrr" spool, then "Grrrrr" spool then "grrr"

Nuts...

Bearings are shot, side play on the compressor wheel is like 1/4" now!

hahaha

Oh well, I guess a squirt of oil after each run isnt enough :D

So for now, the trunk turbo is dead. I could get some bearings and throw em in there. They are only like $10 on ebay. Then rig an electric pump powered oiler to keep it alive.

It'll prolly never happen..

RIP Trunk Turbo

Oh ya... I FORGOT TO RECORD IT.. :(