HybridZ

'87 Z31 automatic tranny donation

MIBPreacher

If there is anyone in the Chicago area that has an extra automatic tranny laying around that would be willing to donate it to clear up space, please let me know, I am getting a severe grinding sound while trying to engage gears 2 and D. I can drive it in 1st or D but only up to 15mph so it is going to take me about an hour to drive home tonight from work. I have no extra money and have a child due next month. Sad is that I was in the middle of trying to gather parts for the 5spd swap and this happens.

Thank you for reading.

Rick

T i t a n i u m _ C l a w (at) h o t m a i l (dot) c o m

If there is anyone in the Chicago area that has an extra automatic tranny laying around that would be willing to donate it to clear up space' date=' please let me know, I am getting a severe grinding sound while trying to engage gears 2 and D. I can drive it in 1st or D but only up to 15mph so it is going to take me about an hour to drive home tonight from work. I have no extra money and have a child due next month. Sad is that I was in the middle of trying to gather parts for the 5spd swap and this happens.

Thank you for reading.

Rick

T i t a n i u m _ C l a w (at) h o t m a i l (dot) c o m[/quote']

did you check the oil level?

I had checked the tranny fluid level just prior to coming to work. I saw I was low so I topped it off. then all this happened. Then to top it off, I went out on my break and I cant even idle my car again. It idles at 400 and then dies, it wont go higher than that either. I think my MAF is out as I had just moved my cone filter and mounted it directly to the MAF to get it out of the way of the heat from my taurus fan, and I think it overheated it or something. I am going to unplug the MAF and see if I can limp it home tonight at 15mph. We'll see.

:cry2::icon51:

Check it the TPS is working properly. ALso see if the temp sensor is plugged ing and working. Though not a nissan, same thing happend to my cutlass, idiots at jiffy lube didn't plug it back in and had all kinds of problems just from that. Don't know about you tranny problem.