HybridZ

I was wondering??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone make a conversion kit or has anyone ever seen a 90 or newer Z converted?

I'm glad I found this forum, I'm having trouble fitting in at other forums, maybe I will have better luck here.... smile.gif

------------------

87 RxV8/TurboII/2+2

Chevy 350/390hp, T-5(B&M shortthrow)

tjc74 (what's your name?), I haven't heard of a kit for the 90. I believe I've heard of it being done though.

Glad you found us. With the power that the 90+TT makes, I can see why that crowd might not approve of the V8. But the v8 gives you a different power band, etc., so let's just say "we understand your desires".

Welcome!

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project

pparaska@home.com

Pete's V8 Datsun 240Z Pages

Guest Anonymous

Pete,

Well I was looking for some info on the 90Z conversion for my brother. He has a 90zx n/a and has been looking for any info and has had no luck.

I'm driving a 87 Rx7 (with a V8). I did own a 77Z and a 79zx, a few years back and loved them both, 77 being my favorite year. Its been Rx7 ever since.

Tom

------------------

87 RxV8/TurboII/2+2

Heh, RX7 - yummy! I've got a 93TT smile.gif

If this were a TT 300ZX then I'd question your sanity but a N/A? Heck yeah! However I don't think anyone here has done it yet. Since you're obviously familier with swaps you're probably better prepared than average to do this though - we can try to help. Someone has linked to a 300ZXT - late 80something here somewhere but I'm not sure that's a help. Is the motor already out? Can he be without the car awhile? What sort of emissions laws will he be worrying about? The rear diff ought to be able to withstand the HP easily BTW smile.gif We're trying to figure out how to swap it into our cars it's so strong!

quote:

Originally posted by tjc74:

[b...I'm having trouble fitting in at other forums, maybe I will have better luck here....
smile.gif
[/b]

Ahhhh, Another lost sheep has found their way home! As Johnny Rebel comes limping in from doing battle!

Where is Terry; we need him to say something poetic!

Tom; you'll definately fit in here at HybridZ; everytime I here another member say they've felt out of snync...I think of that Animated Christmas special where the Lost Toys end up at: & the elf that wants to be a Dentist. Anyway-seems like we are the lost toys!

Welcome Home indeed Tom! (Little Tear from corner of eye builds)

Kevin

"Still an Inliner"

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the welcome! People just don't understand the extreme measures people will take to satisfy the need for speed.

Pete I don't have a site built yet but plan on it, just got a digital camera. With in the next week I will have some pix posted in my sig.

If any of you guys are looking for 90zx parts let me know my brother has two parts cars, a wrecked 90n/a (motor has 50,000+)& 90TT.(blown motor). I do beleive he is looking to part them out.

thanks again for a great welcoming.

Tom

------------------

87 RxV8/TurboII/2+2

Guys, both of those cars have R230 rears, right? If he's looking to part them out and it's an R230 I'd be interested in one of the rears. I know we've not figured out how to mount one of these things yet but darn it if th eprice is right I'd like to get a peek at what one of these things looks like and see how hard it will be! What's he want for a center pumpkin and maybe the shafts out of it?

Lastly, maybe we should consider a forum for oddball swaps that have no home? They seem to wind up here, we're all interested in them, and it's not like we're purists smile.gif