HybridZ

what to do about rear end travel?

Are you trying to limit the amount of "squat"? Some weight transfer is a good thing, but putting the bumper in the dirt isn't. I set up an air bag system on my 280zxt. I took to sleeper bags from a Peterbilt sleeper made some upper mounts and hooked hem to the lower control arms. Works great! I haven't looked at my 240z to see if it would work the same on it as well.

We limited our front end travel to keep it from going to high, and also limited the rear end travel squat. To the rearend squat we used spacers and placed on top of the struts. When the front end travel comes up so high you loose time / when the car begins to leave. By limiting the rear squat is the same but also you want to adjust it so when under load / takeoff you want the halfshafts to be parrallel you know straight in line, this keeps the ujoints / cv's out of a bind.

We never had a problem of hooking, always hooked good. But we had to limit the travel ( to keep from losing time ) and the rear to keep from breaking ujoints. Go to my web page www.jnjdragracing.com and look at some of the videos of us leaving.

John

I had a terrible squat problem on launches and after talking to jnjdragracing's brother, I installed double bump stops on the rear coilovers. I actually use one hard one and one soft one on each side. Works great, cured the squat problems and I have no traction problems on launches. Check the video out in my sig.

Jody

We limited our front end travel to keep it from going to high' date=' and also limited the rear end travel squat. To the rearend squat we used spacers and placed on top of the struts. When the front end travel comes up so high you loose time / when the car begins to leave. By limiting the rear squat is the same but also you want to adjust it so when under load / takeoff you want the halfshafts to be parrallel you know straight in line, this keeps the ujoints / cv's out of a bind.

We never had a problem of hooking, always hooked good. But we had to limit the travel ( to keep from losing time ) and the rear to keep from breaking ujoints. Go to my web page www.jnjdragracing.com and look at some of the videos of us leaving.

John

Thanks so much for that response! Your car is AMAZING. I would never have imagined that kind of lift was possible with a Z. :) Wow. I can hard;y wait to get mine going.