HybridZ

DAT240Z file analysis

mobythevan

I got the msq file you mailed me and I see problems from the start...

You have a theoretical required fuel of 8.4(white box), which may be OK, but tell me what size injectors you are using so I can verify that.

You have simultaneous injection and 3 injections per cycle which causes you to have a real required fuel(gray box) of 2.8 (NOT good).

Go to alternating injection and 2 injection per cycle, this brings up real required fuel to 8.4 in this case. That is much better, now you are not having the impact of injector on/off time enter in to tuning as much as you were with 2.8 required fuel.

Here is the section from the tuning manual:

Injections per Engine Cycle is set the number of squirts you want per engine cycle. You want this to be set so that your idle pulse width is no less than 2.0 ms, if possible, and your Req_Fuel is less than 12-15 milliseconds, but more than 8 milliseconds. These values allow proper tuning of the idle mixture while maintaining the ability to apply enrichments (acceleration, warm-up, etc.) under full throttle

let me know what size injectors you are running

here is something else you have wrong(from manual):

If you have low impedance injectors (less than 4 Ohms), set the:

PWM Time Threshold to 1.0 msec, and

PWM Current Limit to 75%(30% if you have installed the 'Flyback Board' daughter card).

You will tune these after getting the engine running. See “Setting the PWM Criteria” in this section. Failure to perform these steps can result in damage to your injectors.

you have PWM time threshold set to .1 msec instead of 1.0 msec

I would also change EGO control to only be active above 1200rpm instead of 600rpm like you have, that way your NB sensor is heated up better.

Also turn of AFR target tables until you get the engine to idle and run

Here is the HUGE one I see: You have no ASE (after start enrichment), that is why it starts then dies. You only have it set to 50 cycles and barely have any percentage. Change to seconds instead of cycles and start with 15 seconds and up the percentages to like 15% at 40 degrees and slowly work that percentage down.

YOUR TIMING TABLE IS SCREWED:shock:

your going to blow up(at least blow a head gasket) if you run it that way, totally backwards, you have timing at like 17 degrees under no boost and then it increases to 31 degrees under high boost, :nono: you want the exact opposite

TWO important things: read the tuning section of the manual again for setting the constants up correctly and look into the sticky at my starting timing table and compare it to yours. Notice how it is completely backwards, KABOOM, heh heh:lmao:. Pay particular attention to the MAP values, it doesn't matter which direction they are put in to the table, but it certainly matters that you have less timing at 170kpa than 100kpa for instance.

The last question for you: Why on earth are you hacking up an msq like this instead of downloading the one I put in the map sharing sticky for MSnS_Extra021u code and using it to start with??????? That one at least has ballpark settings for ASE, Warmup, spark, fuel, etc etc.

If my tone in this emails sounds mad you are taking it wrong, I got a good laugh looking through that file, and I'm just confused why you didn't start with known settings.

Well, I cant say why he didnt use the MSQ file you put up, but the reason that I sort of worked my own and had people tell me what values they were using is that I could not get MegaTune to read your MSQ file because of my different hardware setup (MS-II). I think people would be more inclined to use the posted settings if they were either put up as screen shots or, as I saw one person do, output a text file with all the variable settings in it.

I had the same problem using you file in the sicky as it it not compatiable with my code, Thanks for looking over my file.Looks like I still hav a lot of work to do. I have 370cc low impedance injectors. The reason I went to simultaneous injection is I lost bank# 1 on my injection drive, and now I'm running all the injectors of bank two

I think people would be more inclined to use the posted settings if they were either put up as screen shots or, as I saw one person do, output a text file with all the variable settings in it.

That is why the basics are listed in the sticky in jpeg format for constants, ve, enrichments and spark timing.

Here is what I would like to see from someone out there that runs MSnS_Extra024s13 code (which was the last stable release before 029 code):

Could someone please capture their settings in jpeg format and post them up here and I will make the thread a sticky, again this is for 024s13 code and I would like to see constants, ve, ego, ASE, warmup, spark settings, spark table at least.

I had these settings, but sold my car before I copied the files over so someone else has to step up and help out now. I can do this for 021u code, but many things changed going up to 024s13(or 024s9, or 024s11, any of those vintage).

I have 370cc low impedance injectors.

OK, then 8.4 required fuel is correct for that, but you still need to change to alternating and 2 injection so the required fuel in the gray box is also 8.4

Also work through all of the other changes mentioned and then send me a new file if you are still stuck.

The reason I went to simultaneous injection is I lost bank# 1 on my injection drive, and now I'm running all the injectors of bank two

Just out of curiosity, in this case cant he just stay with simultaneous and change the number of squirts to 1? that way the real and calculated req_fuel will stay the same.

I may have found out why the car will not start, megasquirt is not firing the coil on every turn of the engine. I pulled the wire of the cap an grounded it to the body of the car and the coil is friring every so often. Would anyone know why. when I move the wires going the the TPS the coil fires and the fuel pump runs.

Under general tab, lambda AFR settings, then it has a box for VE table1 and VE table3, turn both off.

I see that you do not have overboost protection set up under the general tab, also rev limiter values are not set, and you have it set to use MAPdot acceleration enrichment instead of TPSdot (that is OK if that is what you want, but at this point I don't think you understand what the settings do so research and make sure you want MAPdot enrichment)

I notice that you also have a fixed angle of 5 degrees entered, so with this code you will always have 5 degrees timing and not even run from the spark table, is that what you intended?

The rest of the settings look OK

Could someone please capture their settings in jpeg format and post them up here and I will make the thread a sticky' date=' again this is for 024s13 code and I would like to see constants, ve, ego, ASE, warmup, spark settings, spark table at least.[/quote']

I'm running 24s9 (I think..) on a fairly stock setup so I can take screenshots, but it's not tuned and the warmup enrichments are a bit screwy. I made my fuel and spark maps off of your original MSnS small table and it seems to run fine up to 10psi.