HybridZ

195/50R15s too small?

Okay.. some of you may have seen the post I made about the 300ZX wheels.. I brought them home and put two on the front to see how they fit and looked. The tires are WAY too small. They're a good three inches shorter than my old tires (on 14's). This setup came from a 510, where even 13" wheels look big. Two of the tires are down to the wear bars and the other two are nearly brand new. I was going to buy all the wheels and tires for $100, do you think I should buy just the wheels for $50 or so and buy new tires? Tirerack says that standard size tires for the 300ZX of that year were 215/60R15s! I'm mostly concerned about looks and keeping a tire that's as tall as my old ones. Besides, my speedometer would be way off, and I'd probably cruise at 4000 rpm at 70.

Guest Anonymous

I currently run 205/50-15 tires on 7" rims and they are small. You're speedo will change considerably and they just don't quite fit the wheel well, looks wise. I'm planning on going to 225/50-16 as soon as I wear these out. Hope that helps. Jeff

------------------

'71 240

'91 TBI 305,700R4 w/ shift kit