HybridZ

16" spare tire found!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i don't know if this is common knowledge or if this is news, but i have to pass this info along. i was at a pick-n-pull today looking for stuff when i realized i needed a spare tire. i got on from a Hyundai and then mosied over to the Saabs to look at intercoolers. then i saw it, a Sterling that had 4 lug hubs. hmmmm, i turned the Hyundai spare around and it fit so the bolt pattern was the same. so, just for kicks i look in the trunk. low and behold there is a brand new 16" spare tire sitting there!! i take it out and test fit it on a Z and it fits with no problems!! and, being that it is a 16", it should work on those Zs that have upgraded brakes!!! i scored it for $8!!! what do yall think??

The Sterling never was a hit here--due to poor marketing and a high price (at the time). The Sterling was a Honda/Rover joint venture car that was really nice. Think of: the reliability of a Honda and the luxury of a Rover. That, my friend, is a nice car.

David, that was a totally cool score. Thanks for posting that information. I knew the Hyundai spare would fit and be kinda on the wimpy side, but that Sterling spare, man, who woulda thunk?!? smile.gif

David