HybridZ

New software that should help US L6 guys

OK I just got my copy of solidworks 06 and flowworks. I ran a flow test on my custom intake I built and was dissapointed it is creating a vortex in the pentum and most of the air is swerling in the back of the intake :( but the point is that had this be available to me when I was building my intake I could have corrected any problems before making it. So any issues witht he L6 can be taken care in a 3d model before hand. I'm talking about cylinder head flow by gernating the ports from a head with a cmm or 3d scanner then being able to port the heads with a cnc to what was developed in the model. Also if I would kill a head and dice it all up and recreat the water passages I can run a test on heat transfer from the exhaust ports though the head and water to the intake runners and try and creat ways to prevent it. If I remember correctly someone hinted at with todays technology the old limts of the L6 are a thing of the past.

tbs

• Administrators
OK I just got my copy of solidworks 06 and flowworks. I ran a flow test on my custom intake I built and was dissapointed it is creating a vortex in the pentum and most of the air is swerling in the back of the intake :( but the point is that had this be available to me when I was building my intake I could have corrected any problems before making it. So any issues witht he L6 can be taken care in a 3d model before hand. I'm talking about cylinder head flow by gernating the ports from a head with a cmm or 3d scanner then being able to port the heads with a cnc to what was developed in the model. Also if I would kill a head and dice it all up and recreat the water passages I can run a test on heat transfer from the exhaust ports though the head and water to the intake runners and try and creat ways to prevent it. If I remember correctly someone hinted at with todays technology the old limts of the L6 are a thing of the past.

tbs

Hmmmm.. Vetty vetty intahesting..

I'm intrigued...

• Administrators
I run Solidworks 2006 here at my day job designing aircraft. It's very powerful with a ton of add-ons and fuctionality to do things much more expensive software does.

Ohh Cooll… .. You work Lancair? Tell me more…

Paul Ruschman

Private SEL, (recently) and A&P back in ’91…

I work at Epic Aircraft. New 6 seat all carbon fiber construction 1200hp turbo-prop pressurized 400mph airplane. It's busy but really fun. 90% of the plane is designed IN solidworks. I will post a few pix tomorrow from work. If someone has a CNC I could do some work to draw a custom head and run some tests in the 'puter.

http://www.epicaircraft.com

• Administrators
damn' date='

thats the shortest post i've ever seen BRAAP put up.

haha[/quote']

LMAO… I do have a tendency to ramble, especially when it encompassed the L-series heads and performance.. . Thank god I’m not charged internet fees based on my band width usage…