HybridZ

Z wont stay running

Alex_V

ug I just lost my post. :( I copied and pasted it http://www.ohiodrifting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=43609#43609here, and I cant repaste it into this forum, and Im too tired so Im going to bed.

Cliff notes- Z wont start. Replaced 3 spark plugs, have 3 more, replaced fuel filter, and rotor (advance didnt have a cap) and battery. Will idle smooth as silk some times. starting fluid will let it run at high rpm.

~Alex

Your other site requires member log in, so is of no use.:rolleyesg

Year of Z? FI or carb? Does it always start, just not keep running?

Seems to be a fuel problem since starting fluid runs it up; since you are talking spark plugs in threes, is one SU non functional (plop the piston up and down... does it move freely)?

Not enough info to guess logically.:-(

<>.

Oh thats right. I lost the post, and I was too tired to do anything other then link, I was falling asleep at the computer.

But its an 86 NA, and the engine will spin over fine no problems, no bad noises. What I ment is we bought 6 plugs, and I only had time to replace the 3 on the passengers side of the engine, Im about to do the drivers side sunday when we get to the car.

I pulled a fuel pump out of my parts car maxima and we're installing it tomorrow. Im also bringing extra relays and fuses. Ill get it running.

~Alex

It was the maf. I unpluged it and drive it 40 miles home. It ran as smooth as butter, and then while idleing I think the t belt skipped a few teeth, or it spun a bearing.

Im putting in an engine I have laying around, and then my friends selling it. My maxima VG has 166K mile and was babied and serviced regularly. How much do you think he could get out of it, and the chassis has about 133K and is very clean.

When I got home and it was still running good, I used some maf cleaner and it and it ran great other then idle so I just need a maf. Will a 90 maxima maf work? I have 3 extra...

~Alex