HybridZ

lt1 ecu reflash-common setups-please help

Im sending out my harness and ecu to be edited. I am wondering what are the common things you have deleted from your ecu/ harness... i want no AC, no smog. very basic bare bones. As simple as possible. I have heard it called "stand alone". I emailed lt1350.com and they said it would be "a four wire set up" but i dont know what 4 wires they speak of... a little advice before i spend 500 bucks? my set up: 95 lt1 ecu auto, 96 harness, 95 alum head lt1, wc t5. i will eventually get a TunerCat. thanks.

I had the EGR, VATS, EVAP taken out. I got a few more things wired onto my harness than the minimum.

Speedo

Tach

Fuel pump

SES light

Reverse light

Fans (I got both fans High/Low wired in)

Power constant

Power switched

Start

Ground

I think his 4 wire is power constant, power switched, start, ground. Call him and discuss your wants/needs. It didn't cost much more to have the other things wired in.

Jody

Guest dirtyt

you should do it your self i redid my harness in 2 hours with a buddy and just have to change a few things in the ecu but i have to wait till i get my aldl cable tommrow for that. if you want i can guid you along with the harness and stuff. its was easy and you get to know your engine so much better.

I did my own harness also, took me much longer than 2 hours but I basically rebuilt the entire thing.

I removed the following:

EGR, VATS, AC, PS, AIR PUMP, Vapor Canister, oil level sensor and all transmission connections.

I used a 280Z tach and wired it into the PCM so the dash looks totally stock.

My donor car had an underhood fuse box which I snagged and used to wire up all the needed fuses and relays for the fuel injection, fuel pump and electric fan.

I also have a T5 and had to create a Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) that worked with it. I'll see if I can track down the part numbers and vendor name for you. Some of the later T5s had a VSS but not all and then you have to figure out how to drive the stock speedo or replace it with an electronic one.

Wheelman