HybridZ

71 240 will not stop running

karl

Put in 83zx alt in my 71z rewired voltage reg. and installed diode on T-connector with stripe on diode facing alt. Now car will not turn off. The diode I used is from Radio shak part #1N5402. Please any help would be appreaciated. Thanks

Put in 83zx alt in my 71z rewired voltage reg. and installed diode on T-connector with stripe on diode facing alt. Now car will not turn off. The diode I used is from Radio shak part #1N5402. Please any help would be appreaciated. Thanks

you may of accidentaly placed the diode in the wrong drirection. I believe the arrow should be pointing towards the T connection on the alt, check if that is the problem.

Hope that helps,

Allen

I checked it and it's on the correct way. Thanks. It's a 3amp 200v diode. Does it matter which wire on the T-connector it's on, I have it on the top wire of the connector. Thanks again for any help

I installed it from the wire that comes off the harness to the back of the T-connector that plugs into the alt. Which wire did you attach the diode to on the voltage reg. (white,yellow,black/white stripe or white/black stripe)? Thanks. BTW the car has 165,000 miles on it and I drive it about 4,000 miles per month, almost all at night. I need a good alt. to see the deer.