HybridZ

Jaguar XJ-6 fuel injectors

twoeightythreez

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows what cc/min the Jag XJ-6 (258cid, 4.2L) fuel injectors are? I tried the search function and only a few posts with jaguar anything come up, none of which describe them.

I found 2 89 XJ-6's in the yard and pulled eight injectors, as the Jag has the L-jetronic EFI, and the injectors look identical to the Z ones. The 3 digit number on the side is "088" I'm sure they have to flow quite a bit more than even the turbo Z injectors, as the Jag inliner is so large. If these work it looks like a good swap option for use with megasquirt, as it takes 10 minutes! to pull the injectors out of the Jag.

never mind, after much searching on other web sites i STILL didn't find the specs for the Bosch #280-150-153 injector. But considering the -158 injector that is listed for JAG 4.2L is only 230cc/min I guess I'll keep junkyard hopping.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find some -601 injectors (514cc)

• Administrators
after much searching on other web sites i STILL didn't find the specs for the Bosch #280-150-153 injector.

Dont know if this helps... my records show 280-150-153's to be 236.5 cc @ 43.5psi

rt

Rontyler,

Thank you for the info. I did some more searching and found some 280-150-400's out of three fords (a t-bird, an LTD wagon, and grand marquis, all with 5.0 TBI motors) I tested them, cleaned them, and installed them into my intake after removing it, hogging it out a bit (the ford injectors are slightly bigger O.D than the nissan ones) The nissan O rings still work, using lots of lithium grease and care. I hope I can get the hoses to work, though I do have a JSK fuel rail and am wondering if I should just get the fittings that will slide on top of the ford injectors? The ford injectors apparently flow 437cc/min@37.5psi fuel pressure. Wow! Good price, too (I got six for free in my pocket and paid for two that I did experiments on....didn't want to enlarge my intake holes unless I had to....and I had to, plus tried to take one apart to see if I could swap the barbed ends on....I was a miserable failure at that...still dont know how these things come apart, but still have six good ones. I still have the six Jag injectors or the 7MGTE ones if anyone wants them.

Now all that's left to get up and running on ms is to install the 83 CAS dizzy, modify the TB so I can use the remote IAC enclosure (If you have a 78 Z with factory A/c remove the A/C idle actuator and bracket and bolt the DIY enclosure to it, it bolts right on...I just need to get some angle fittings to plumb it and a jeep IAC valve) Oh...and wire up the Megasquirt. Forgot that little detail. 8o)

• Administrators
The ford injectors apparently flow 437cc/min@37.5psi fuel pressure.

...Probably moot but might help when you configure the req. fuel in MS... I show those injectors to flow 437@ 43.5psi

Cheers, rt