HybridZ

Type of fitting with stainless lines?

I will be installing stainless brake hardline in the Z. What kind of fittings should I get?

Can I buy normal brake fittings made in stainless ? What material should the fitting be made of ?

If you have a better idea for my brake lines, submit it !!!

Thanks guys

Dayz

Not sure if you are talking about the brake hoses or the whole system. If it is just the hoses, then MSA, Black Dragon Auto and I think Modern Motorsports as well as a host of others sell direct SS replacements for the Z rubber hoses. I got mine from MSA (http://www.zcarparts.com)

If you are talking about replacing the entire system, hardlines and all, then search HybridZ for "AN fittings". You can get the M10x1 to AN-3 adapters at Jegs or Summit. This will allow you to hook off the shelf AN flex lines to the stock calipers. Check out Jegs or Summit's on line catalog.

I just ordered some copper-nickel hardline and a handfull of fittings to replumb my 240's hardlines. Plan on keeping it all metric and reusing the MSA SS flex lines at each corner.

This is the thread that made me decide to use the cuperonickle lines. There are other posts about how hard stainless steel line is to form without some high $$ tools. So the 90-10 stuff seemed like a good way to go.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=111952&highlight=automec

I ordered from the automec UK site in the above thread. There prices were half what the FedHill guys wanted (also linked in the above thread). But with $20 UK taxes and $66 shipping it was only modestly cheaper ordering from the UK site. My worry now is delivery time from the UK. Let's see how long it takes to get here.

I ordered 3/16 brake line and some 3/8 inch fuel line, along with a bunch of flare fittings, for my brake, fuel and clutch lines. Both the FedHill and automec sites had good selection of fittings that Jegs and Summit don't seem to have. Wish I could find a local speed shop with bins of all the different style and size of fittings.

Like mentioned in the link above, I agree that the Z brakes use M10x1 flare fittings. I had to order a few other sizes to mate with the Wilwood clutch MC, prop valve and my throw out bearing. But at only a buck or so each I hopefully got more than I will need.

Quick update, ordered by 90-10 brake lines and two dozen fittings from Automec in the UK and they got them here in 6 days. This was in spite of the terrorist hair gel shutdown of flights.

Shipping was tough to swallow but service and product are all first rate. I now own enough M10x1 metric fittings to replumb the entire car.

Gotta get busy.