HybridZ

current build of an L6 w/ an osg head!!!

OlderThanMe

Recent enough to be on the internet I guess...I remember reading an article by a guy who went to work for OS giken, and found one of the 4 cyl heads languishing in the parts warehouse. He managed to convince them to let him put it together from parts laying around the shop and put the motor in a 510. Supposedly a pretty fast car...I wonder what the final disposition of this 6 cyl motor is going to be? If it ever decides to be an exchange student here, I'll give it a room...

well somebody needs to met down a few Z heads (to have the correct alloy) and cast a DOHC head. Using a three piece head is pretty cool but I don't really trust them not being welded together. Then you could angle the intake valve and have a perfectly straight intake runner and you could... I digress. I am collecting Mountain dew cans and am eventually going to melt them down in a cast iron pot to see if I can make castings of stuff and then weld the castings together.

Here is a test to see how good of an aluminium welder you are. Take two cola cans and position them bottoms toward each other in a piece of angle ron and tack them together (not as easy as it sounds). Once that task is done then try to run beads around the cans so that in 5 minutes you have two completely fused cans. The first time I tried it I got about an inch around and it just blew a 1/2" hole in the cans. Weld it quickly and then let it cool by putting it in front of your ventalation (you use it when you weld right?) to pull air across it (don't dunk it in water).

I finally got a full bead around a pair of cans but it was not pretty. ugly beads...but it held!