HybridZ

Aussies please help-chev install

Hey guys and girls , looking for some info from Aussies that have installed chevs into Z's.

What throttle cable did you use and where from, also am having trouble getting the chev engine mounts?

Any other suggestions would be great!

Yes i have the JTR book but wasn't sure if some bits would fit due to Right hand drive?

Also wondering if you used JTR drive shaft adapter flange or something else?

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks Pete.

P.S. I love this site !

Guest BowtieS30

if you can't find engine mounts down under there call up summit racing (800)230-3030, they are world-wide. the only problem I could see with the jtr setup in a rhd z is the engine is offset 3/4" to the right(easily reversible), maybe some steering shaft clearance issues, but nothing to be scared off with!

hi nice dat i got a set of engine and gearbox mount as per Jtr plus plates cut ready to drill to suit Jtr never been used but happy to sell them to u if u want

have since gone with Ls1 install so the Jtr parts are just sitting in the cupboard

I used a falcon throttle cable ef i think have to check just cut a slot in std throttle pedal mounts up easy

Could always supply you a nissan v8 and 5 speed ready to bolt into a 240z with mounts and exhaust if you want something different

Pvt me if you want to talk about Jtr Parts

Hello and welcome, i made my own mounts and got the engine sitting as close to the firewall as possible, its also sitting a little lower than the jtr.

i made the trans bracket too.

i had my engine in and out 10 times to get it right but well worth it.

Just make some.

Hi,

I made all the mounts myself. I took the old L28 mounts, removed the rubber and welded a flat piece over the top with a pipe to fit the Chev mountings. (See member gallery for foto's). The gearbox mount is for a 200-4R.

The driveshaft is from a Ford Falcon (made shorter - aluminium).The yokes I took from a Holden Commadore/Senator, had to modify the rear one.Acc. cable from a VW, will take some foto's.

Don't hesitate to ask, I will help where I can.(Also a RHD)

Guest BowtieS30
this might be a silly question but what is a 200-4r? thanks for the info and if you can get those other photos that would be great.

it is a automatic overdrive trans (gm)

this might be a silly question but what is a 200-4r?

It is also an overdrive (4 speed) automatic transmission that came in GM vehicles, most notibly the Buick Grand Nationals. It is a strong transmission and roughly similar in size to a Turbo350 tranny. The 700R4, a more common GM transmission, is longer and heavier.

Davy

• 3 weeks later...

yeah good idea Pete, i have the supra box behind mine.

I got the conversion off "THE GREAT ROD".

I used a universal throttle cable that worked fine for me.

For the engine mounts i used the standard datsun with some 10mm plate to set them back and another block of alloy for height.

I will try to find picks for you.

Graeme