HybridZ

Help with Line lock/Roll control

I have never messed with this but want to put one on my SBC Z. Any advice or knowledge I need? Seems simple enough, I assume I would put it between the master and the proportioning valve. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Jeff

I assume you are going to use this for the front and not the back.

Not sure what you are calling a proportioning valve. My 240 has a proportioning valve installed to adjusting the biasing on the rear because I modified my front brake setup.

If I was to install it on my car, it would go between the two front brakes and the distribution block (or pressure differential switch, there is a sensor in there). The line lock holds the pressure in the line after you release the brakes. It's a selenoid/shut off valve.

You step on the brakes, activate the line lock, release the brakes, then stage.

By the way, it's not really a good idea to use a toggle switch. I've seen people forget to release it when they go down the track.

I guess I am calling the distribution block a proportioning valve. Don't the front brakes come off the distribution block on 2 seperate lines? If so, the solinoid would have to be before the block right or I would need 2 solinoids.

I may be wrong on the 2 lines, but I thought from the block you had a line to each front brake and 1 line that feeds both rears.

The solenoid goes close to the master cylinder on the front brake line, by the way the line lock solenoid is SAE thread 1/8 NPT and your master cylinder and everything else is metric, mix them up and it will leak brake fluid. If you mount it close to the master cylinder you can buy a short lenght of brake line (metric)with the flare nuts on and a adapter to go to english thread. You need a push button switch to activate, most people mount them on the shifter.

Any good auto parts place will have fittings, I used SAE thread adapters in both of the solenoid ports and cut the brake lines and flared them, you need a DOUBLE flare tool. It's far from being "easy" if you never done this type of thing, I fab brake lines for all the Harley's I build so I have some experience. Also I use LOC Tight thread locker on all the fittings.