HybridZ

electrical problems

Guest S30DatsunL24

Guest S30DatsunL24

Hey, ive got a 73 240z and everytime i try the wipers, a little relay box (under the glove box) starts to click, about once every 15-20 seconds. Does anyone know what exactly it does or what the noise is from etc. thanks

haha. I had it happen perodically and I just got fed up with all the problems in my electrical system so I ripped it out and started making an all new system from scratch. Good luck with finding out the cause! I would be interested since I had the same thing.

BTW my car is an early 74 260 so it is basically the same electrically as a 73.

Guest S30DatsunL24

ya it happens when i try to turn on the wipers and doesnt stop until i completely turn off the car. Also, itll click whenever i touch one of the copper prongs on the turn signal stalk to some of the metal on the steering colomn. I think it might be something with the horn cause that doesnt work either. btw, does anyone know if its possible to get some replacments for the plastic inside the turn signal switch or would it be easier to just ebay it or go to a junkyard?

Guest S30DatsunL24

i dont really know which ones which but i think there are about 3 of them under there. what i was wondering about is the clicking sound normal or does that mean somethings broken. i dunno if i need to have the wiring redone or if the wiper motor/wiring is broken.