HybridZ

tranny mount update

Rumnhammer

I got the tranny mount done today on the swap, I went the L28 stock tranny mount onto the RB isolator mount route. This seems to be the easiest route with the least amount of fabricating, you just need to fab the "ears" and mount them to the tranny tunnel a little bit back from the stock possition. I had brand new poly bushings for the l-28 tranny mount so that cinched the deal. Was not that hard supprisingly the hardest part was spot welding all around the base to the tranny tunnel. I made the ears and the base out of 1/8 inch steel so welding it to the 18 gauge floor was a little dicey, and there was no room under the car to wear the welding helmet so I had to place the mig head and just shut my eyes for the spot welds, turned out pretty strong, but just for added intsurance I drilled through the floor and the mount and then added a second base of 1/8 inch steel as a backing inside the car then though bolted the whole shebang, No way that puppy is coming off now, I won't be affraid of making a lot of power with it now.

Now on to the wiring, probably do that this week and I'll be posting pics so it will be easier for those that follow.

Chris Rummel