HybridZ

Electrical Help. What'd this and what do I do with it

New2TheZ2006

:shock: Found a bunch of wires. Uh, maybe too many. I pulled some out and realized someone had a ham or cb radio in the z back in the day. Now trying to put in a radio and ran into some other issues. Nothing works with old radio plug. Ugh.

Now this thing has some kind of after market AC. Dont know if it works. It has red and black wire from a switch marked up and down that is tied into the ac unit control. Anyone know where to get someone to fix such a thing, or should I just get rid of it (th ac unit). I will sell it lol.

Also, anyone know what this group of wires is for. I know the one plug is for the radio, then there is the green wire and a couple more? Any ideas.

accontrol_thumb.JPG

switch_thumb.JPG

wires_thumb.JPG

That last picture appears to be all aftermarket stuff and you really need to get in there and pull all of that unused stuff out. Once you get back to the factory stuff then you can start tracing down the problems. Of course if you're just installing a radio then you can just wire it up direct to the fuse block and ignore the factory radio harness.

If you don't won't to try and do this yourself there are some auto electric places in the Orlando area. The only one I've ever used is Winter Park Auto Electric and they were good but that was many years ago. (407) 644-8596

Thanks guys, I learned there used to be a ham or cb radio in th Z, so I pulled out the extra wires. Now I am left with an after market ac that was installed and tied into the blower and fan controls. Got a buddy certified in auto ac, he'll check that part out and I take out what I wont use. I am surprised everything in this car works right down to the fuel light and fasten seatbelt light and buzzer.

Thanks again, I am making progress.. Just dont tell the wife. :wink: