HybridZ

What is my front end?

Datsun350Z

I'm trying to figure out the difference between stock and the g-nose front. I've spent an hour trying to find pics and a description. The older g-nose threads on here that seem to have the info most have broken pic links. Yahoo! images gives me a rat of some sort... I have that under my hood, not on the outside.

I'm under the impression that the g-nose extends past the hood and makes the car longer than the original front. It uses different hood hinges. For some reason it is desirable.

My front end is molded into 1 piece bumper, headlight buckets, and fenders.

Questions: (Assuming I have what I'm talking about)

1. Is mine a G-nose?

2. Same hood?

3. Why does everyone seem to like it?

(if mine is a G-nose, i'm not really a big fan)

4. Can I sell mine and re-coup enough to do the same front end as the car with good paint? or maybe have someone with a similar front end trade with me? (Hope you don't mind me using your car as an example)

5. Am I stupid for not liking the G-nose?

I agree with you...I don't like the g-nose front end either. There are quite few people who do like them, and you can probably find someone who would be willing to buy your g-nose.

Finding a stocker front end will be pretty easy, so I would just sell yours, get a stock front end and have a couple of extra dollars to buy other Z goodies.

What you've got is a g-nose style front end, but the actual g-nose is more pieces than that. It's desirable because it cleans up the aerodynamics a lot, but for a street car where that's not that important, it comes down to taste. I go back and forth with whether I like it or not. I think the look great on seriously lowered cars, but on a relatively stock suspension they look a bit awkward to me.

1. appears to be

2. thought that it was a nose so it would use the stock hood

3.attachment.php?attachmentid=1076&d=1155528380

thats the answer to #3

4. probably, looks like you need a diffrent hood because yours is pretty cut up, then you would only need the headlight buckets a bumper and a lower air dam

5. everyone has their personal tastes. i think the G nose can look good if they are done right.