HybridZ

Spokane Body Man???

Challenger

Hi I have a 78 280z 2+2 Im working on and it had pretty severe rust damage in the rockers and rear fenders, we fixed the rockers but still need work done on the rear fenders. Tabco sells a coupe rear fender and were hoping that we can buy several coupe panels to patch the 2+2 fenders which arent available. Most of the work is bondo work and some metal once we get the replacement panels. Im only 15 so I'm on a lower (very low) budget but would like to get proper work/help done for a reasonable price. Thanks

On a different note Z owners need to get a night going that we meet somewhere to show off our Z's in Spokane, mines not in street legal condition but I'd be there whenever I could, and as soon as my cars is ready she'd be out there too.

BTW Avatar isnt my car, that car doesnt have quite as much rust as mine...

I replaced my rear quarter panel on my 240Z when I was 15 (I'm almost 18 now) and it was only $30. I recommend going to your body supply store and buying a tube of Duramax Large Panel adhesive, its stronger than welding, and is easier to use. Also, I would recommend finding another 280Z 2+2 with good rear quarters (at a junkyard or something) and cutting them off and putting them on your car. If you work at it, you can do your own body work, I've done all of mine and I'm spraying primer tonight.

Its hard enought to find a Z coupe with clean quarters, but a 2+2..... I've personally never seen another 2+2 in a junkyard other then at Idaho z car in Boise (great place) and they were terribly rusted. So Im kinda stuck with getting someone else to make them or attempt it myself with coupe replacement panels. (some sheet metal experience.) But thanks for the feedback.

Just remember guys age has nothing to do with it. You guys have more information now then when I did when I was 18 when I bought my first Z car. I bought three after that.

I took mine down to nothing sandblasted the whole thing and then sold it for 1K. Wish I still had that 1970 Z! Dooh!

Mopar69,

Last time I was at American Auto Wrecking in the Tri-Cities they had a 280Z 2+2 in very good shape, I think it was a 78. Here is the number, (509) 542-9300, give them a call and find out if they still have it. The Tri-Cities is only 2 hours from Spokane so it would be worth the trip down to get the fenders off of it. You might be able to talk them into selling you the entire car, it was in very good shape, I took the hood from it.

Edit: Don't wait long to call if you want it, they are crushing a lot of their cars due to the price of steel increasing so it might not last long.

Wheelman