HybridZ

Spark plug recommendations - Alex -

Lewis Maudlin

well if you run too rich at idle you are going to foul them out more quickly which is what we were doing, but since the plugs are only $2 a piece its no big deal.

Ill make sure to get you the part number as soon as i get to the shop in the morning after class.

we are running those in our current 508whp sr20 with a gt3076r, customer is running the same plugs on a gt3071r with 400whp, and we were running these plugs with a very similar turbo to yours when we were making 355whp. So the heat range is ok for what you have.

OK, I tried the plugs Alex recommended and I fouled them immediately. I finally got my setup fixed. I put in Denso IK20's stock number 5304. They are just as expensive, but Autozone stocks them since they fit the SER and GS300 and a few other Lexus cars. They seem to work well. Just a bit of info for those looking for readily available plugs.

Actually, I have been having trouble with my car every since I switched to Z32, etc. Today, I finally found the problems. I think the main problem was the crank angle sensor was off by one tooth. I am still reading too much timing which I don't understand. Anyway, everything is running great and the plugs are no longer fouling. Thanks to everyone for suggestions.

• 1 year later...

Hello Guys I'm new to the forum

I own a complete stock S15 Silvia Spec R with just an intercooler and aero bodykit. and some extrra cusco bars and tension rods but not engine parts anw.(SR20DET black top)

The car had the ISO 9 Greddy spark plugs for 50K Kms with no problem

3 Weeks ago the last spark carbon-fouled. We changed them to Greddy ISO 8.

same problem today and too much engine tremblelancea as a result. I don't know if it's the same spark again.. I'm gonna check it.. I don't wanna even think it's the coil.

Same spark (the last one closer to the drivers seat) fouled at a friends s15 silvia which is 400bhp but with normal copper its fine now...

I'm gonna try to change the coils positions to see if its the coil. sometimes my mom or dad have to move it. and they might start the car without waiting that 2 secs for the gas pump to bring petrol to the engine.. I hope it's just that...

Any ideas Guys???