HybridZ

new stock clutch slips

mom'sZ

When I did my first clutch job (at 16 years old), I put the clutch disk in backwards. Also made a funny sound.

Pyro: that was the first thing I thought when I hear this sound. But just so everyone knows for the record, on an L-2.8, it won't go on backwards. In my searching this topic on this site, I ran acrossed a thread where one member suggested that very thing as being a possiblity. When I put it on, after I torqued the pressure plate down, I thought... are you sure you got it... nah, it'll only go on one way. tee hee hee That was the dumb mistake I was refering to.

It was definetly the wrong pressure plate. so.... anyhow, how 'bout it Zcar gurus, how to identify transmissions?

and yes, I have searched, maybe wrong keyword. Thanks everyone for so much help. oh, and can you normally install the slave without taking the clutch apart? In other words, if you unbolted your slave cylinder, can you bolt it back on without pressing the fork foward or anything?