HybridZ

*Please Help* Trying to find a small interior chrome door trim piece!

Guest 280ZForce

Guest 280ZForce

So late last year my car went into the shop for some repairs and when I got it back the passenger side chrome door trim piece atop of the door arm rest was inside my center console and broken in half. They never mentioned anything to me and I didn't want to make a fuss about such a small part.

Here's a pic of the piece I am talking about...I circled it.

Click thumbnail to make bigger...

th_MissingPiece.jpg th_IMG_0329.jpg

I never said anything to the shop cuz it was a very small piece and I figured I could replace it very easily for a small amount. I superglued the piece back together but the cracks are visible some of the chrome was chipped off when it broke and it has some ripples in it as well from the break.

Well I've been looking ever since then for a new set of them (1 for driver and 1 for passenger) and I can't find anything.

I've searched endlessly all the time on ebay, I've tried MSA, nothing. I was just gonna order new armrests cuz MSA said it should come w/ the chrome trim piece, but then when I called to order them they said the door armrests are NLA! GRRRRR!!

So this lil piece has been causing me issues because I don't like to see it missing.

If anyone can help me find the correct name for the piece and a brand new set of them it would be greatly appreciated, and of course I will pay for them. I don't care if I have to buy a set of new armrests from someone to get these trim pieces.

Thanks in advance - Justin

Have you considered peeling the "chrome" off the plastic and recovering it with a foil? There's a product called "Bare metal foil" that scale modelers use to replicate metal surfaces. Local hobby shop should have it, or order some off the internet.

Superglue the crack back together, sand it smooth and recover it with foil.

They have a black chrome foil that I plan on using on all chrome trim pieces when I get around to doing the interior on my Z.